Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

RAF Officers cap/ WW2?

Article about: Hello gentlemen ,another rare visit into the allied area for me! Could you learned friends please give me your opinions on this nice RAF Officers cap that I just bought off of fleabay. I thi

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Yes Nigel, I hear what you say!! You are what I would call a purist and there is nothing wrong with that as far as I am concirned. Just a bit expencive!! If, at any time in the future, you ever want an opinion or to check anything in RAF Dress Regulations, please feel free to contact me. I may be old, grey and knackered, but there are still a few tired and confused brain cells on overtime work!!

Leon, yes, your cap may have belonged to some RAF casualty but it is more likely to have been what we called his "Big Hat". That is his best parade cap rather than his every day cap worn with his Number 2 Dress Uniform (Battle Dress) especially if he was a regularfull service commissioned officer of pre war vintage.

Regards and best wishes to all.

PS would you like to see some pics of some of my caps??
    "Would I like to see more pics of your caps" / OH YES PLEASE my friend , that would be fantastic, maybe we could even ask the Mods to get a separate "sticky" sorted for it! Leon.

Hi Leon, Some RAF caps to have a shufti at. I will post some more latter. These photos are several years old and somewhat out of date as the whole display is now no more as we are getting ready to move. Hope they are of interest to you. By the way I like the idea of a thread on the subject!!! Cheers MR

RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?

WoW , that is an awesome collection Michael , I personally feel that if you have the time and the Mods will make a "sticky" you have an irreplaceable expertise in this area! I for one would love to see a great permanent "time line" from your collection. Thanks once again, Leon.

Cheers Leon. I just might do it!!!! By the way, I know that we are a small island, but where abouts are you??

Cheers Leon. I just might do it!!!! By the way, I know that we are a small island, but where abouts are you??
    Not far away at all Michael , I live in Norwich! Leon.

What a shame Leon!!!!! Close enough to visit and have a look through my bits but unfortunately, all but my swords are packed and awaiting shipment. Aw well, sods law I suppose. Cheers MR

What a shame Leon!!!!! Close enough to visit and have a look through my bits but unfortunately, all but my swords are packed and awaiting shipment. Aw well, sods law I suppose. Cheers MR
    Where are you off to Michael ,somewhere warm I hope! Do you have any tropical RAF caps?? Leon.

EDIT: Just noticed your ROC Officers cap , I was in 6 Group ROC until the stand down in September 1991!!
    Attached Images Attached Images RAF Officers cap/ WW2? 

Hi Leon, Missed your last post Sorry. When you say Tropical RAF caps, what are you referring to???

As a matter of interest, I also collct to the ROC, in particular, badge and uniform bits. So if you have any ROC kit that you are happy to download, please let me know. I used to know a O Lt Cdr who had been in the Marines but had earned the Army Pilot badge and had permission to wear it on his ROC uniforms. And to this day, I regret not taking photos of him wearing it. Still hay ho thats life. Do you have and ROC numerals on grey as I am trying to get as many as I can together?

Cheers for now MR

Hi Michael, I have a spare set of ROC titles with the 6 group numeral to go below but they are on the RAF blue wool and not grey as they are from the early nineties! I also have a spare beret and badge as I ended up with two for some reason. I still have my complete uniform as I never handed it back. I will take a few images for you ,there's nothing exciting as I was just a plain old Observer on the tri-angulation table reading the BPI and GZI instruments and plotting fallout!! Leon.

Hello again Michael, here are a few images of my uniform and training manuals! The spare insignia are not in very good order but if you want them I will post them to you for free(I think they "bled" in the wash as they were on my RAF jumper that shrank in the wash!! The spare beret however is in fine order. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Officers cap/ WW2?   RAF Officers cap/ WW2?  

RAF Officers cap/ WW2?   RAF Officers cap/ WW2?  

RAF Officers cap/ WW2?   RAF Officers cap/ WW2?  

RAF Officers cap/ WW2?  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast