Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

RAF Officers cap/ WW2?

Article about: Hello gentlemen ,another rare visit into the allied area for me! Could you learned friends please give me your opinions on this nice RAF Officers cap that I just bought off of fleabay. I thi

?

Re the first cap. Very nice clean cap.I would agree, it has all the indications to date it to early wartime or even later interwar. I would be extremely happy with it, and you got what you paid for...

However as it is not named, it is near impossible to date it more accurately. It is not unknown for early or late war features to be found different war date period caps. Such is the nature of British caps being private purchase.

Lovely set of photos Michael!

Oli

Thank you Oli for your thoughts , I was pleasantly surprised when Michael informed me that it was most likely early war period as I know nothing about this area. It just looked the part to me so I took a chance! Leon.

?

Sometime going on whim is worth it!

Hi Leon, Sorry for my delayed response, some how, I lost sight of your thread. Appologies. A few more photos from my hat room which I hope that you find of interest.
    Cheers Michael R

RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?RAF Officers cap/ WW2?

Bloody hell Michael, you have half of the Army's caps from the last 90 years as well + the US! I have not spotted any Navel caps though unless my eye's are blinded by the shear scale of your collection!! I know that I have already said it but I really think you should have a separate sub-forum for your collection(RAF, ARMY, US etc) it would be so beneficial to us all! (PS, if you ever feel like selling an ROC officers cap drop me a PM, I see you have more than one!!) Leon.

The photos are, from the top

1. Three periferal RAF organiisation caps
    a. AFDFS. Air Force Department Fire Service. Post 1953.
    b. AMC. Air Ministry Constabulary. Pre 1953.
    c. AFDC. Air Force Department Constabulary. Post 1953.

2. A bit of a selection to include:
    a. RAF Officer's caps, all post 1953.
    b. WRAF WO's cap, pre 1953.
    c. ROC Officer's cap, post 1953,
    d. RAF uniformed civilian cap, post 1953.
    e. MODP Ministry of Defence Police Officer's caps, current.
    f. Japanese Army cap, WWII.
    g. Other Air Forces officer's caps.

3. Another selection to include:
    a. PMRAFNS Princess Mary's RAF Nursing Service Officer's (Sisters) tri corn hats. Current.
    b. PMRAFNS Other Ranks hat. Current.
    c. WRAF Other Ranks cap pre 1953.
    d. RAF Central Band female RAF Musicians cap current.
    e. Ditto Male.
    f. Specimen trial pattern female musicians cap. Not accepted by DWRAF and not issued.
    g. As for d.
    h. RAF Full Dress Busby style Flying Helmet pre 1953 (Mid 1920's).
    i. RAF CB Full Dress busby Other ranks current.
    j. Ditto WO.
    k. Ditto Officer.

4. 5. 6. Army Other Ranks and Junior Officer's caps various.

Hope you like them. Cheers again Michael

PS Navy to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just spotted the Navy on the left edge of the bottom image!! Amazing ,truly amazing. Leon.

If you do not mind me being nosey Michael ,how many years has it taken to assemble this wonderful collection? Leon.

Hi Leon, Thank you for your message and appologies for my much delayed response. We have been down on the south coast for a holliday then up to Bristol house hunting. To answer your question, I have always liked caps and helmets since being a younster. However, I started collecting headdress properly about twenty odd years ago and have swamped myself in the things. I have just been and purchased another US Army senior officer's blues cap and it is one which I already have several of!! Guess that I am just a sucker for caps or worse, a hoarder????. Dammmmmm!!!!! No wonder I am broke!!
    Cheers Michael R

Hi Michael ,that's a nice part of the world down there, I went on holiday to Watchet a few years back , there are some bloody big fossils in the rocks on the beach there!! I don't know if you saw the images of my old ROC uniform in the thread, i'm keeping that but I found one spare unused beret and badge? Leon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast