Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

raf side cap help needed

Article about: hi all, i have been given this side cap by a gent who supposed to know the lad it belonged to who worn it through the war. it feels ok and looks right for the age but a concern i have its th

Default raf side cap help needed

hi all,

i have been given this side cap by a gent who supposed to know the lad it belonged to who worn it through the war.

it feels ok and looks right for the age but a concern i have its the front buttons are black and feel like plastic every other one i have saw like this have metal and gold colour buttons i have taken pics allround the side cap if someone can be honest and tell me if its a genuine one or a repo i would apperiate it.

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture raf side cap help needed   raf side cap help needed  

raf side cap help needed   raf side cap help needed  

raf side cap help needed   raf side cap help needed  

raf side cap help needed  

Black plastic buttons are OK. Usually seen on Other Ranks caps.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, looks good to me, the Canadians were often seen to use black buttons on their officers uniforms, was the original owner a Canadian per chance? Leon.

to be honest i havent a clue i know his name was arthur and thats it i also purchased his flying hat type c aswell

?

Perfectly fine side cap. Black plastic buttons were used by several Commonwealth countries including Australia. One of my RAAF side caps as well as my RAAF OA peaked cap has black plastic buttons.

Ditto to the above, plastic buttons are rather cool imo
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks for your replies daft question i paid £30 for it did i pay to much what they worth just out of interest

Quote by Halo1981 View Post
    thanks for your replies daft question i paid £30 for it did i pay to much what they worth just out of interest
    That's significantly less than I see them go for on dealer sites, so I'd say you got a good deal there. Especially given yours appears to be free of the dreaded moth nibbles.

B.B.

sadly there is a couple of moth holes on the back only small ones though