Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAF Transport Commnd Officers cap

Article about: Evening chaps, Paid through the old nose again, but her is a nice Transport Command cap made in Montreal ( Douvel air base), it is a bit rough , but all in order with the "thicker"

Default RAF Transport Commnd Officers cap

Evening chaps,
    Paid through the old nose again, but her is a nice Transport Command cap made in Montreal ( Douvel air base), it is a bit rough , but all in order with the "thicker" Canadian strap. I have added a picture from the HMSO Atlantic Bridge publication showing the Airmen having a pre-mission briefing. Yes they have caps with the metal/enamelled version of the cap badge, but it clearly shows the Canadian issue strap +/cloth buttons. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap   RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap  

RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap   RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap  

RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap   RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap  

Nice one Leon,👮
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A nice find mate!....

Very nice cap Leon, thanks for posting it and I didn't know Canadian chin straps were thicker.

Matt

Thank you gents, certainly is a rarely seen cap badge. Ferry/Transport command had many nationalities serving with them, I have seen US airmen in their US issue "tan" uniforms with RAFFC/RAFTC buttons and cap badges! They also used the cuff bands for ranks as they were in the RAF, but it sure looks odd on a US tunic. Leon.

?

I'm feeling the Love with this one!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice indeed!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

"I have seen US airmen in their US issue "tan" uniforms with RAFFC/RAFTC buttons and cap badges! They also used the cuff bands for ranks as they were in the RAF, but it sure looks odd on a US tunic."

That'd be very interesting to see!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    "I have seen US airmen in their US issue "tan" uniforms with RAFFC/RAFTC buttons and cap badges! They also used the cuff bands for ranks as they were in the RAF, but it sure looks odd on a US tunic."

That'd be very interesting to see!....
    Hi Gunny, here is an image of a "tan" US airmans RAFFC tunic (with the buttons taken off). I was offered this at a fair price but as the pilots wings had been removed I politely turned it down as they would be near impossible to replace as they are a different design to the standard RAF wings. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap  
    Attached Images Attached Images RAF Transport Commnd  Officers cap 

Jerry, I have just noticed that "chap in a cap" as a full stop!! Nice! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast