Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RE officers GS cap with interesting history

Article about: Just bought this one after a mistake by the dealer. I bought a Universal pattern FS cap with unit markings to the 5th Battalion Hampshire regiment which saw service in my areas of interest d

Default RE officers GS cap with interesting history

Just bought this one after a mistake by the dealer. I bought a Universal pattern FS cap with unit markings to the 5th Battalion Hampshire regiment which saw service in my areas of interest during the war and I also bought a badge to go on it, but the dealer contacted me today to say that it had already been sold and they had forgotten to mark it as such.

Instead I bought this GS cap, owner marked to a captain in the RE, RF Aston and I checked on the London Gazette and found a captain with the same name and also from the RE was dismissed from the service in 1944 after a general courts martial. Probably the same officer and hopefully it will be possible to find out more about him and his service prior to his dismissal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RE officers GS cap with interesting history  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: RE officers GS cap with interesting history

Nice looking 'cap ridiculous'!I hope to add one of these to my collection one day..
    Sound like it might have an interesting story too...

Thanks. Good to get a named example with its original badge and a bit of history with it IMHO.

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu...upplements/738
    Regards,

Jerry

This sounds really interesting. Nice cap!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Arrived today. WD arrow, makers mark and size mark are present but barely visible with the size being 71/8? Owners name is clear and as the seller stated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RE officers GS cap with interesting history   RE officers GS cap with interesting history  

RE officers GS cap with interesting history   RE officers GS cap with interesting history  

RE officers GS cap with interesting history   RE officers GS cap with interesting history  

RE officers GS cap with interesting history  
    Regards,

Jerry