Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Real Crusher or crushed Cap??

Article about: Hello All, I know its not a Bancroft flighter, But it is a Sobel made officer visor being called a crusher,. So is it a crusher or just a crushed cap?? What do you think?? Click to enlarge.

?

Default Real Crusher or crushed Cap??

Hello All,
    I know its not a Bancroft flighter, But it is a Sobel made officer visor being called a crusher,.
    So is it a crusher or just a crushed cap??

What do you think??
    Click to enlarge.
    Real Crusher or crushed Cap??Real Crusher or crushed Cap??Real Crusher or crushed Cap??Real Crusher or crushed Cap??
    I would like to add a crusher to my collection.
    Thanks for looking.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hey Phil, it mostly goes by the visor being easily bendable/flexible - I thought you'd know that Mate!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-11-2019 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added pic x2 rough

Still like it though! I'd have it. Plus I always thought you had one?

?

Thanks Rene, I did know about the flexible visor , But this is not a in hand type inspection and it does mention the visor is flexible and supple ,
    AND NO I don't have one.
    I just have the regular Office visor that was sold with a USAAF garrison cap and was referred to as AAF, It has a Lt Col. name in it and when Our member Smitty looked him up, that one turned out to belong to an Arty guy!!
    I need an AAF one to make the display correct. But want other eagle eyes on this one!!
    So if you see something you don't like about it. Let me know..

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 10-12-2019 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Added info/ Changed wording on last sentence as it came up as a link

MAP
    ?

I would call this a crusher.

Mine is made by Dunlap Superior. You can (I didn't) crush it. The brim and sweatband are flexible.

US Crusher Visor - Dunlap Superior
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Phil, no expert on these but what I do know is that my med/trop theatre Bancroft flighter has a suede finish under the peak (dead easy to bend in half) the peak on the cap you posted also appears to be suede on the underside. Hope this helps regards, Paul

Real Crusher or crushed Cap??

?

Thanks Guys,
    I appreciate you all looking at this one.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I still like it Mate as not all are bought crushers standard issue were abused (as I say!)

Hey Phil if you can get one with a not so common eagle thingy ie not so circular star bit that would be better.

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey Phil if you can get one with a not so common eagle thingy ie not so circular star bit that would be better.
    Rene,
    Is that the Land Down Under way of saying you see something you do not like about the eagle??
    Let me know Mate!!
    This is why I posted before putting my money on the table!!!
    I'm going to do some ZOOMING now on the eagle. Be back in a bit..

I'm back ..are you talking about the outer edge circle design on the circle above the eagle? It does look a little less detailed than my Officer visor and the one Michael posted a link to his crusher....Good eye mate and this is what I wanted other to look at this....I'll go check out more eagles and see.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast