Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Article about: Hi, This is intended to be a sister thread to my thread on British Army Visor Caps. Like the Army thread, it is open to anyone who would like to comment on or show RAF uniform headdress or a

Picked up these two this morning on the fea market both where in the hat box
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Another pick up from today from the local rubbish tip
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

?

Here are a couple of new visors. One belonging to A/C Buckley RNZAF and A/C Battle RAF Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

?

What I believe may be an early or mid-war RAF officer's cap, made by Burberrys and named to A.G. Neal. Very pleased with this cap.

BobSRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

A recent addition to my Gieves Military Collection. A tatty WWII RAF officer's cap from Gieves Ltd saved from the dump. Nice early Gieves label, this will be a fun restoration project. The badge was taken off because I was cleaning the cap.

Hello Mgn040,

I just thought that you might like to see the attached photographs of Air Commodore Maurice William Buckley, C.B.E., MiD, Legion of Merit (US), Born Seacliff 3rd August 1895 died 1956.

Group Captain M.W. Buckley

M W Buckley Numbered 4

August 1939 RAF MArsham Buckley sitting 7th from the left

Signed photograph by the Pilots

28th August 1939 Letter to Buckley.

I sincerely hope that you do not mind me posting these for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

One from my collection Named to Air chief marshal Sir Basil E Embry, awarded the GCB, KBE, DSO & Three Bars, DFC, AFC, MiD, Hope you like it

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Absolute stunner! Maker?

?

I would think Embry ranks with Leonard Cheshire & Guy Gibson in importance and impact upon Bomber Command in WWII.
    His medals sold for 155,000 pounds by Spink in 2007.
    A great score.

BobS

?

Finally found an air ranks visor cap for a good price; not WWII vintage, but they seem to be very scarce.
    An unnamed & maybe unworn cap, made by Bates. I'm thinking circa 1960's or 1970's.

BobS

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast