Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Article about: Hi, This is intended to be a sister thread to my thread on British Army Visor Caps. Like the Army thread, it is open to anyone who would like to comment on or show RAF uniform headdress or a

?

Default Air officers cap

Here is a nice Gieves made Air officers cap - the label looks to read 21 Bond Street which means its a pre 1941 made cap.

Cap has initials which relate to the Gentleman

Air Commodore Walter Karl Beisiegel ( Very German )

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Hello Mgn040,

Also played Cricket for Leicestershire & the Royal Air Force, awarded the O.B.E. (Military Division).

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

What a great thread!!
    I will have to see what I can dig up out of the war room.

?

Default Air officer caps and their tailors

So it is a Sunday so had some free time. Decided that some of us may find it interesting to see the different styles / makers of Air Rank officer peak caps during the period of ww2. If people think its a good idea for this thread i would also post close up pictures of each bullion badge as there are so many variations in quality and style. Also please feel free to join in with your own caps and their tailor labels.

Anyway here is goes...

1 . Conway Willams - tailor is seldom seen

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

2. Hawkes and Co Ltd - named to Air commodore Battle

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

3. Moss Bros

?

4. Burberry - Burberry caps come with various interior designs much like Gieves and also colour variation.

5. Unreadable - This cap came from Canada however tailor is very hard to read so if any ideas are out there i am all ears... possibly a tailor in Toronto??

6. Austin Reed -initials to Air commodore Buckley RNZAF

?

7. Gieves Ltd

8. Hobsons & Sons - Going just off the style of the peak and overall appearance i Believe this cap to dated to the very early 30s but again i am all ears for others opinions.

Hi , I was looking for opinions on this cap , recently for sale on ebay . I know the cap badge is incorrect but does the cap conform to WW2 period issue / construction .

Thanks in advance for any opinions . Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Cap by Walter Moncrieff, Folkestone. Named to R.J. Sharp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

?

Cap appears to be of WWII vintage, but wool quality is not what I would expect for an officer.
    Perhaps a postwar upgraded W/O or other ranks cap. Badge is also mounted low.

BobS

I know that this an old post but who wore the civilian employee's cap. I have one but didnt really know what it was lol. What type of employee wore them?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast