Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Royal Artillery (Territorial Force) officers forage cap 1908-1917

Article about: A buy it now from the bay so the sellers pics for now. Royal artillery Territorial force officers forage cap, Major or Lt Colonel. The RA TF was formed from the Volunteer force in 1908 and a

RHA: Royal Horse Artillery, Bob?

Quote by Phil Downunder View Post
    RHA: Royal Horse Artillery, Bob?
    Yes, other possibilities are RGA, Royal Garrison Artillery and RFA, Royal Field Artillery.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I asked around and he is RHA with the ball buttons, also post 1905 when this type of cap was introduced, and the arm badge is for TRUMPETER.
    Regards,

Jerry

This is valuable information Jerry. So my grandfather was a trumpeter in the RHA, and the cap type confirms my estimated date for the photograph of around 1910.

Just one more thing. I scanned this second photo from some old negatives I collected from a relative in England. I wondered if the soldier looking over his shoulder might be my grandfather. The date of the photo will tell me whether it might be him or not.

Is it possible to estimate the date it was taken, from the uniforms and boots and maybe the artillery piece? Pre-WW1 or after? Does the building in the background give any hint where this might be? Woolwich barracks perhaps?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery (Territorial Force) officers forage cap 1908-1917  

Similar in date, circa WWI or perhaps a few years before, but not possible to date it any closer by me and might be later, dating the gun type might narrow it down. Sorry but I have no idea where it is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2