Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps

Article about: Hi again, A few more of various time periods. Hope they are of interest. Cheers MR

The caps are:

1. Coldstream Guards,
    2. Same cap liner.
    3; Female Officer Army Legal Services.
    4. SO late of the RADC.

A recent arrival, 50's Royal Engineers with AA/staybright buttons and a silver & gilt badge, made by Moss Bros. The badge was missing and I restored the correct period original to it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps   Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps  

Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps   Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps  

Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I notice the thread starters images have vanished.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by BobS View Post
    Post 1953 service dress cap to a colonel or brigadier ex-Royal Scots Greys, as denoted by the black crown piping & Greys side buttons. No name or initials inside, sadly. Very high quality cavalry twill cloth.

BobSAttachment 608021
    Hi Bob, do you know of any other regiments that used coloured crown piping on SD caps?
    I Bought this one as a very cheap buy it now from the bay and though the pics are pretty poor it appears to have this feature, though as to the colour, I'll probably have to wait until I have it in hand to tell what colour it is. Interestingly it appears to have regimental buttons for I assume the Scots Greys same as yours.

Thanks for any input on this from the team.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps   Royal Art'y & other Service Dress caps  

Last edited by Jerry B; 10-14-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, Congratulations on your thread being designated as a "sticky". I now feel happier showing caps as I was concerned that I may have been encroaching on your thread but as a reference, I feel happy to add a few caps. Some to view. Regards Michael R

Attachment 608483Attachment 608484Attachment 608485Attachment 608486Attachment 608487Attachment 608488Attachment 608490

Just researching a new pick up -see post above- and noticed again these caps, the Generals caps are just awesome, I really am green with envy over these, especially the WWII example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Also just to mention this example was recently on the bay as a buy it now, but I could not quite make my mind up if it was all good or not, and it sold quite quickly. The buttons did not appear very clearly correct though looking at them again they look OK and I am not up on the metal version of the cap badge, though it could all have been fine in which case someone had a good buy.

Either way I have added the pics for ref purposes.

Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Hi Bob, do you know of any other regiments that used coloured crown piping on SD caps?
    I Bought this one as a very cheap buy it now from the bay and though the pics are pretty poor it appears to have this feature, though as to the colour, I'll probably have to wait until I have it in hand to tell what colour it is. Interestingly it appears to have regimental buttons for I assume the Scots Greys same as yours.

Thanks for any input on this from the team.
    Those are indeed RSG side buttons. It should have the black crown piping; I know of no other regiment with that piping, or any other colour.
    The black piping for the Greys, and RSDG, is in memory of Tsar Nicholas II, who was Colonel-in-Chief
    of the Greys until his death in 1918.

?

Can't say as I have ever seen a metal general officer's cap badge, and certainly not one that is only in brass, not gilt.
    Cap looks OK, but that badge....................................

Quote by BobS View Post
    Those are indeed RSG side buttons. It should have the black crown piping; I know of no other regiment with that piping, or any other colour.
    The black piping for the Greys, and RSDG, is in memory of Tsar Nicholas II, who was Colonel-in-Chief
    of the Greys until his death in 1918.
    Hi Bob, it does appear to have the black crown piping, just not very clear in the sellers crappy pics, I'll post some better ones when it arrives. I just need to find the correct badge for it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by BobS View Post
    Can't say as I have ever seen a metal general officer's cap badge, and certainly not one that is only in brass, not gilt.
    Cap looks OK, but that badge....................................
    It might be a bronze osd, hard to be sure on this one, I was tempted to buy it as the price was pretty good I thought but it went whilst I prevaricated about it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast