Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Royal Scots Greys officers SD cap

Article about: Arrived today post 1953, but probably not by much, pre 60's I think. Nice with its original silver and gilt officers buttons, though missing its badge, but nice to see it with the correct bl

Congrats on scooping the badge for a sharp price. The cap looks fantastic. I know the feeling of satisfaction when correctly restoring something like this. Thanks for sharing this with us Jerry.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony. I was very pleased to find the right badge for the restoration without having to pay too much for it. It really does look the part on what is quite a rare cap.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Not having to pay too much for the missing part is definitely the cherry on top. Good for you to await the right part at the right price. Patience pays off once again!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I have another cap awaiting restoration of its missing badge and I have yet to find one for a price I would be happy to pay, though I expect to find one sooner or later, or if I am feeling a bit richer I will buy a more expensive example, though they don't come up for sale too often either way.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Congrats Jerry, a tough badge to find, as you well know.

BobS

Nice badge indeed! But is shall be on the black backing as a mourning for the Regimental lae Colonel-in-Chief the Tsar Nicholas II.

?

At the recent MAX Show, there was an other rank's Scots Greys dress forage cap on sale, for $ 75. which I thought was too high. I now regret not buying it, as they are, as stated , quite rare for some reason.
    I bought instead, an Irish Guards lieut.colonel's full dress scarlet tunic, for what I thought was a good price, and it included the waist sash. Hope to have photos soon, but I need to add a medal group first.

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    At the recent MAX Show, there was an other rank's Scots Greys dress forage cap on sale, for $ 75. which I thought was too high. I now regret not buying it, as they are, as stated , quite rare for some reason.
    I bought instead, an Irish Guards lieut.colonel's full dress scarlet tunic, for what I thought was a good price, and it included the waist sash. Hope to have photos soon, but I need to add a medal group first.

BobS
    It is VERY expensive for the other ranks' cap badge of any era. 75 USD is more or less fear price for officers cap badge (silvered and gilt one).

?

Quote by Huzar Kijowski View Post
    It is VERY expensive for the other ranks' cap badge of any era. 75 USD is more or less fear price for officers cap badge (silvered and gilt one).
    The price was for the complete o/r's cap, not just the badge.
    I have a nice RSG officer's cap badge; I just need the bloody cap!

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    I just need the bloody cap!

BobS
    So as I do, so as I do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2