Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Salty B6 flight helmet

Article about: Hello all, recently I've shifted my focus to USAAF B-17 crew equipment in order to make a display for my great uncle who was the radio operator of a B-17g in January of 1944. Before I go any

?

Thanks Rick for the reply, The AAF stamp looks ok to me, I'm not an expert ,but it seems to fit the finish of the exterior in that area.

I have never thought about somebody making repro tags for these, But maybe that's my limited knowledge of these. The weave of the tag stitch looks correct, But once again , Not a pro at these.
    As far as extra large , They are around, But most will be asking a premium.
    But there are day's you get one at a great price.
    Salty B6 flight helmet

And I'll also add. That's is a very nice B-3.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thanks Rick for the reply, The AAF stamp looks ok to me, I'm not an expert ,but it seems to fit the finish of the exterior in that area.

I have never thought about somebody making repro tags for these, But maybe that's my limited knowledge of these. The weave of the tag stitch looks correct, But once again , Not a pro at these.
    As far as extra large , They are around, But most will be asking a premium.
    But there are day's you get one at a great price.
    Salty B6 flight helmet

And I'll also add. That's is a very nice B-3.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I don't think the tag is a fake at all , never did , I don't like the decal as it has the sheen from a Repo , but it's poor photos so hard to judge ,just my opinion.
    Maybe the OP has a watermelon sized head to start with
    Sure they can shrink a bit after being wet and dried out over time for sure. That's the only reason I mentioned a Pecard's treatment .
    Its a nice cap !
    Cheers Rick

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Well I wouldn't treat mine due to the lacquer! and here's my other that has shrunk.
    Seems like someone has done the damage before you got it mate , They don't come lacquered

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Seems like someone has done the damage before you got it mate , They don't come lacquered
    see here this is what I mean. This is the leather type.

?

Quote by Rick W View Post
    Maybe the OP has a watermelon sized head to start with

Cheers Rick
    OK when you said this "I think the decal got put on the same time they added the label"

I thought you meant someone made and added it. Gottcha!

My Nephew came to visit while home on Leave from Camp Lejeune and I was showing him my Xlarge A11 and I gave it to him to try on. I fit like a Bennie cap on his Noggin. Yeah, maybe a melon head!!! Now I have never seen an XXlarge one of these
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

see here this is what I mean. This is the leather type.
    Gotcha mate,
    I thought that someone had put lacquer on it , because it's so shiny , like clear nail polish.
    Probably the flash in the photo makes it look brighter than it it.
    Cheers Rick

?

BTW nice B3 Rick
    Ha Ha mate,
    Probably the most expensive one in the world at the time I bought it lol.
    I imported it from the UK in late 99 from a good dealer mate , I wanted a Primo example in a good wearable size to fit me , which it does but I don't wear it.
    Back then the AU $ was .55c to the UK pound so it was about $1100 AU including postage.
    Big bucks , we had a deal where he would "massage" the customs declarations / paperwork to a lower value to help me out at my end.
    In this case his wife packed and posted it and put the true cost Invoice for all to see and on the paperwork.
    Cost me at my end another $700 AU to get it released from customs , so end cost $1800 AU
    Oh well , 20 years later It will probably end up being a good long term investment .
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1361678

?

So what do they do?? Tax you on the items that come into Australia??

Just want to know, so next time I send Rene' something I can put a $10K price tag on it and listen to him cursing me out!!LMAO

But seriously , Is that what they do?

Beautiful liner on the B3
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So what do they do?? Tax you on the items that come into Australia??

Just want to know, so next time I send Rene' something I can put a $10K price tag on it and listen to him cursing me out!!LMAO

But seriously , Is that what they do?

Beautiful liner on the B3
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hey Phil anything over $1,000 bucks gets an import tax!

?

At the time i got it, imported leather goods had a 60% Import tax on them.
    I used to sneak things through under the radar with description Old Army / Air Force Jacket and get a value of $100AU put on it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast