Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SAS Beret

Article about: I would appreciate some help or opinions on this beret.I would like to know what era the cap badge is or even if it is good or not.I find the beret puzzling because it has no air vents. Chee

Default SAS Beret

I would appreciate some help or opinions on this beret.I would like to know what era the cap badge is or even if it is good or not.I find the beret puzzling because it has no air vents.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SAS Beret   SAS Beret  

SAS Beret  

?

I can't help you at all with the age of this beret!..I have an SAS beret & you can tell it has been worn because of the sword/dagger gets very grubby were the soldier has been putting the beret over his left eye when worn.. They run their finger over the the badge to line the beret up.Not much help I know!! But I like it even if it post war. Cheers Terry.

Thanks terry i appreciate you posting.Mine is quite grubby it looks cleaner in the photo.The cap dosen't fit my head slightly to small plus im not worthy of wearing it,I have not earned the right.I had my wife try it on It has definatly been worn it always sits leaning to one side the way it would have been worn.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

Yeah Dave I couldn't see why if wouldn't be the real deal!! But as for age I don't have a clue!! Still nice for a collection .Just tell your missus not to wear down the shops as she would get some funny stares!! lol. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Yeah Dave I couldn't see why if wouldn't be the real deal!! But as for age I don't have a clue!! Still nice for a collection .Just tell your missus not to wear down the shops as she would get some funny stares!! lol. Cheers Terry.

Cheers Terry that would be quite a site too see her shopping in it
    Dave.

I agree it certainly looks legit. You might be able to get an idea of age by going off Kangol's logo and how it has changed over the years.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I agree it certainly looks legit. You might be able to get an idea of age by going off Kangol's logo and how it has changed over the years.
    I did try that Kradspam But unfortunatly i didn't have much luck.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Hi Dave, it is post war.

I bought one similar about 15 + years ago in a surplus shop. Mine was circa 1989. Leather trim, no vents etc. No badge on mine. Sorry never studied the badges.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,From looking at other threads on beret's i was expecting to hear post war.Thanks for your help.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dave, it is post war.

I bought one similar about 15 + years ago in a surplus shop. Mine was circa 1989. Leather trim, no vents etc. No badge on mine. Sorry never studied the badges.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi
    Your beret is from anywhere between 1970's to 1990's approximately.
    Regards
    Del