Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!

Article about: I bought this cap the other day, taking a chance on the sellers really poor pics, but the price was worth the risk or so I thought. The badge looks OK, though the cap should be rifle green w

Default Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!

I bought this cap the other day, taking a chance on the sellers really poor pics, but the price was worth the risk or so I thought.

The badge looks OK, though the cap should be rifle green with white crown piping, but this looks blue with possible grey piping.
    Attached Images Attached Images Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!  Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!  Sellers crappy pics, took a chance! 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It arrived today, but sadly the light is not very good here this evening, so the colour might not show very clearly.

Anyway, it is green with white crown piping -you can only see it clearly by gently parting the crown piping in the inside- just very very dirty, so great it is pukka, also the badge is good, and included two added bonus's IMO, firstly it has the small metal retaining clip still on it, which you hardly ever see in situ on caps, and on their own are going for more than a fiver on dealers sites and ebay. The second bonus is that it has the original owners service number stamped on the badge slider, which when I checked is not correct for the South Wales Borders, but is correct for the Monmouthshire Regiment, so in its own way a third bonus, as all British Army soldiers retained their service number no matter how often they were transferred, so it means he was with the Mons first and then was transferred to the SWB.

All in all, a very good buy and it shows that some times it is worth taking a risk IMHO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!   Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!  

Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!   Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!  

Sellers crappy pics, took a chance!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice one Jerry!.....

A very nice buy!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Never seen a cap badge with a serial number on before. Very cool.

Good find there Jerry. Never seen one of those retaining clips before, nor was I aware of the service number being stamped onto the slider.
    With your threads, not only do I get to see cool British items, but learn something new every time, thanks.

Tom

Nicely done, it can work out well as you have discovered. I got lucky last year and picked up a 1940 dated black panzer OR's cap with pink soutache for a BIN of two hundred, crappy picks one line description. I had a good feeling and the gamble was not huge if I lost. Turned out to be right as rain and flipped it in 2 weeks for 15 times what I pad for it, which went into my funds for things I do like. enjoy.

great find Jerry.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Never seen a cap badge with a serial number on before. Very cool.
    You don't see them too often, but they are common enough to not be rare, I have missed out on a few previously that had numbers on them, but this is the first in my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

thanks to all who replied or liked this, I have to admit to being very pleased about this purchase, as you just never see one of these for sale, and to get it with the bonus's and for a bargain price, very nice, a big smile on my face whenever I think about it.

I have FS caps for the 3 main Welch regiments to which I collect, but as one one of them is the universal pattern and not the coloured, I still have that one to get, for the Welch, but then of course, I still need one for the Mons regiment as well and then the universal fs caps for the RWF and the SWB and also the Mons, doh, maybe I should stop now and go to bed, head spinning, so many caps to buy ARRRGGHH.

Nos Da.
    Regards,

Jerry