Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Slouch hat

Article about: Brought this at a fair a while ago could the forumers here give me an indication as to the unit/division/country represented and if it is Australian, I really do not know anything about it o

Default Slouch hat

Brought this at a fair a while ago could the forumers here give me an indication as to the unit/division/country represented and if it is Australian, I really do not know anything about it other than the price did not miss my wallet a spur of the moment decision. TIA
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Slouch hat   Slouch hat  

Slouch hat   Slouch hat  

British made and used, Denham & Hargreaves 1942, 36th infantry division flash on the turn up, not sure what the one on the pug is, RAf perhaps.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Looks like a very nice example, rare to see in Australia. Maybe bought over by a British immigrant?

Oz.

Can't give any insight, but I like the Slouch, nice looking and in nice condition. Lovely find.

I hope its a good one, the hat itself is. I just get a feeling that the division flash may have been added later..Jerry would have seen more Brit ones than me, but is that stitching the norm?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    I hope its a good one, the hat itself is. I just get a feeling that the division flash may have been added later..Jerry would have seen more Brit ones than me, but is that stitching the norm?
    It all depends on who is doing the sewing, the company tailor or the squaddie himself, or perhaps someone in the bazaar etc....In the hand is always best but the attachment of flashes is a subject in its own right.
    Regards,

Jerry

Appreciate the information to date have looked up the 36th interesting data, any possibilities of nailing the divisional flash could it be RAF! TIA

It had to be something else as the 36th were an infantry div so not raf.
    Regards,

Jerry