Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Some More US Caps III US Air Force

Article about: Hi, at last, this is the last of the US caps that I intend showing for now. They are all obsolete with obsolete antique silver finish cap devices. Hope that they are of some interest. Cheers

These caps are:

1. US Civil Air Patrol. Note there is not chin strap nor buttons and interestingly, no provision for a chinstrap or buttons???.
    2. Early style blue/grey Junior Officer's cap with black leather chinstrap and antique silver cap device.
    3. Ditto.
    4. Ditto.
    5. Ditto.
    6. Ditto.
    7. Later Pattern deep blue JO's cap with plasic weather cover.
    8. Ditto with silver chin strap, visor edging and latest pattern rhodium cap device. Probably USAF Band or Honour Guard?
    9. Ditto with silver chin strap and plain visor but with unusual embroidered cap device. Possible a Mess Dress variant?
    10. USAF Accadamy cap with light grey upper band piping, silver visor edging and cap device minus scroll and seal of obsolete antique silver finish.
    11. Ditto.
    12. Ditto but with rhodium finished cap device.

Comments and corrections to the above are more than welcome!!

Cheers MR

Hi, A few more US Air Force caps to view. These are all dress caps ranked to Lieutenant Colonel and full Colonel. All wear the early "Antique Silver" finished cap device. The lighter blue/grey caps are the earlier items whilst the deeper blue one are later/current pattern.

Some More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air Force

Hi Again, A few more USAF Senior officer's caps to view. Item 7 is wearing a silver braid chin strap worn I believe as Mess Dress. Item 8 with the silver chin strap and silver visor embelishment was, I believe, worn by Honour Guard officers?

Some More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air Force

Very interesting thread.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg, Glad you find it interesting, there are two other similsr threads: "Some more US Caps" Deals with Navy and naval style caps and "Some more US Caps II Army" Deals with the US Army.
    Cheers MR

PS there are more US Air Force caps to come then I will start on something else.

My old man was career Air Force. I used to have
    one of his cap badges.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Again, To complete the US Air Force blue/grey and blue uniform visor cap selection, these caps are for wear by General Officers of the USAF. Between Colonels and Generals, the only difference in the cap is the embelishment on the visor. Whilst Colonels wear an arc of four clouds (farts) and eight lightning bolts (darts) in two clusters, General Officers wear six and twelve respectively. The exception being the cap worn by the COS who also wears a cap band with silver embroidered darts and farts into the band centre. All US Army General Officers wear an embroidered cap band with the Dress Blues uniform cap and I think it a shame that all USAF General Officers are not accorded a similar right to wear the AF embelished cap band. The wearing of a black viz silver chin strap follows the same criteria as for other USAF officer's visor caps.

Some More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air Force

MAP
    ?

Michael,

That's a great and huge collection of caps! Thanks for showing.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Michael Regards Michael

Hi All, Nearing the end of the US Air Force caps. Those on show are Evening Dress white tops for Junior Officers, all are obsolete and all wear obsolete antique silver finish cap devices. The bottom photograph is a USAF Accadamy cap. Hope that you find them of interest.

Regards Michael R

Some More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air ForceSome More US Caps III US Air Force

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast