Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Some More US Visors to view.

Article about: Hi all, I have just spotted Eric's thread on US visors so have decided to run a compementary thread on the same subject. I am of the opinion that US visors are a bit of an after thought here

The caps are:

1. JO with cloth cover by RATNER (The Commodore) and Un named.
    2. Ditto by NAVAL UNIFORM SERVICE and named to a CCM??? USNR Camp Peary VA.
    3. Ditto by BANCROFT and un named.
    4. PO with cloth cover by BANCROFT 95 YEARS and un named.
    5. SO with cloth cover by BANCROFT 50 Years (Zephyr) and un named.
    6. Ditto by ART CAPS and named to a Commander USN.
    7. FO with cloth cover by BANCROFT 50 YEARS and un named.
    8. SO with tan cloth cover, maker no known and named to a Lietenant Commander M.C. V(S)?? USNR.
    9. SO with cloth cover by BANCROFT 95 YEARS and un named.
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 01-31-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Hi All, A deviation from the US Navy to the US Coast Guard and to start, the USCG Auxilliary. Some assistance in identification of the ranks of the wearers of the first five caps would be greatly appreciated as I am having dificulty in doing so. All are wearing the old pattern badges which without the enameled disc is currently worn by junior rates I believe. All have officer type chin straps some in gold and some in silver??? Any assistance would by greatly appreciated!!!!
    Cheers MR

PS hope you find them of interest.

Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.

The caps are:

1. Tan without manufacturer's detail and un named. Gold metal badge and gold chinstrap with early wicker frame. Gold Eagle buttons.
    2. Tan by KINGFORM and un named. Silver embroidered anchors with gold central device and gold chinstrap. Early wicker frame and silver anchor buttons.
    3. Tan without manufacturer's detail and un named. Silver metral anchors with gold central device and silver chinstrap. Early wicker frame and silver Eagle buttons.
    4. Tan by BANCROFT 50 YEARS (Zephyr) and un named. Gold metal badge and gold chinstrap with wicker frame. Gold anchor buttons.
    5. Ditto by S. APPEL AND CO.

I believe that the USCG Auxilliary went through several uniform evolutions in the relatvely recent past but I am unable to trace the changes.

Hi Again, Some more US Coast Guard Auxilliary Officer's visors to view. Hope you find them interesting.
    Cheers MR.

Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.

The caps are:

1. JO with white cloth cover by BANCROFT 50 YEARS (Douglas the Tailor) and named to CPCU President??
    2. JO with white vinyl cover by LANCASTER BRAND and named.
    3. JO with tan vinyl cover by BERNARD and un named.
    4. JO with tan cloth cover by HELMET BRAND and un named.
    5. SO with white cloth cover by BERNARD and un named.
    6. Ditto by BANCROFT 50 YEARS (The Zephyr) and un named.
    7. FO with white cloth cover by BERNARD and un named.

Beautiful caps Mike, thanks for showing them.

Thank you Doug!!!

Hi, A minor directional change over to the US Coast Guard. Hope they are of interest. Cheers MR

Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.Some More US Visors to view.

All have cloth covers these caps are:

1. JO with tan cover without manufacturer's detail and un named.
    2. JO with white cover by BANCROFT 50 Years (Zephyr) and un named.
    3. Ditto by BERKSHIRE CAPS (The Berkshire) and named.
    4. SO with tan cover by BANCROFT 90 Years (Pak Cap) and un named.
    5. SO with white cover by BERKSHIRE FLEX (The Cap) and un named.
    6. Ditto by BANCROFT 50 Years (Zephyr) and un named.
    7. FO with white cover by BANCROFT 90 Years (Pak Cap) and un named.

Hi, Almost finished the caps of the US Navy and US Naval Organisations. These are from the Public Health Service and I hope that they are of interest. Cheers MR

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast