Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Something Fishy About this Cap Badge

Article about: I went to a church rummage sale today and picked up a few military, coins and some silver. On further inspection of one of my finds, I saw the cap badge was lacking in quality and detail (sh

Default Something Fishy About this Cap Badge

I went to a church rummage sale today and picked up a few military items, coins, and some silver. On further inspection of one of my finds, I saw the cap badge was lacking in quality and detail (shame on me for not seeing that). What is your opinions on it, fake cap, or just the badge? If a specific area needs to be seen or a better quality photo is needed ask away! Thank you for taking the time to look!

Something Fishy About this Cap BadgeSomething Fishy About this Cap BadgeSomething Fishy About this Cap BadgeSomething Fishy About this Cap BadgeSomething Fishy About this Cap BadgeSomething Fishy About this Cap BadgeSomething Fishy About this Cap Badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something Fishy About this Cap Badge  

It is a good WW2 example.

Sometimes the quality of the badges is not great, but they are real.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice - mint EM cap. As Ade said, sometimes the quality is not all that great.
    You bought what you could afford and accepted what was issued........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yep-agreed. Authentic war-time badge of cheapo quality. Not everybody lucked out and had top shelf stuff.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for all of the comments and good news! A 10 dollars well spent then! For some reason, this cap was less than the overseas caps, which combined with the poor quality badge, worried me. I'll post the rest of the items I bought tomorrow!