Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap

Article about: Picked this up yesterday, a Balmoral cap that has had it's tourie removed so it could be used as a GS cap, though when this was done is unknown. Makers and size marks are just visible and as

Default Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap

Picked this up yesterday, a Balmoral cap that has had it's tourie removed so it could be used as a GS cap, though when this was done is unknown. Makers and size marks are just visible and as it just about fits me it must be somewhere about a size 7 to 7&1/4. Hard to decide if just to add a badge or try and replace the tourie as well?

Added a picture of one in use during WWII.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap   Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap  

Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap   Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap

Just bought a Gordon highlanders badge for it, so just need the Gordon tartan backing cloth and the long attachment pin for the badge and the toori to restore it to its former glory. I went for the Gordons as they were part of the Highland division and served in N. Africa and Italy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Just bought a Gordon highlanders badge for it, so just need the Gordon tartan backing cloth and the long attachment pin for the badge and the toori to restore it to its former glory. I went for the Gordons as they were part of the Highland division and served in N. Africa and Italy.
    Jerry, you are going for the complete look?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Jerry, you are going for the complete look?
    Just trying to restore it as it would have been and to a unit serving in my areas of interest, Africa and Italy. They did not wear kilts in the front line in WWII if thats what you were thinking!

Trying to get an example of each type of headgear worn by the British army during WWII, though I expect a Caubeen will be hard to find and expensive for an original wartime example, so I'll probably settle for an example of most types of headgear.
    Regards,

Jerry

The badge I bought which I am waiting to arrive and another showing the backing patch of Gordon tartan which I need to get if anyone has one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap   Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap  

Regards,

Jerry

Is that Ade in the 4th pic? lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Is that Ade in the 4th pic? lol
    I don't think Ade smokes, though it is an old picture.

General Sir Neil Ritchie, one time commander of the 8th Army under the Auk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Ritchie
    Regards,

Jerry

No, I have never smoked, a mugs game!

Nice cap. I look forwards to seeing it in all it's glory. I have not got one of these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Added the badge and backing to it.

Tam O Shanter Balmoral cap  
    Regards,

Jerry