Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)

Article about: Hi all get this giggle hat in a lot of military gear I was wondering if anyone knows the date or what reg it might have been used by . it has a scottish reg flash on it .there is very faded

Default trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)

Hi all get this giggle hat in a lot of military gear I was wondering if anyone knows the date or what reg it might have been used by . it has a scottish reg flash on it .there is very faded stamps on the inside I cannot make any words out . the pictures are almost not visible I cannot make out what the stamp says .
    cheers matty trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)trying to date and identify this giggle hat :)

sorry didn't mean to post that last picture lol ... sorry can't seem to remove it .

Edited it out for you.

Sorry I cannot help on the actual item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

NCA
    ?

I *think* the tartan flash is for The Royal Scots...The hat is a jungle hat probably 50's.I have one that is dated 1952.There seems to have been both khaki and jungle green colours of these.

thanks for that ade . NCA I'll do a bit of research into the royal scots and brit com uniforms of the 50's and see what I come up with . thanks too mate for the info .

?

I have seen similar used during the Malaya emergency.
    Pete