Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

U.s. Navy flat hats pre ww2

Article about: I will post these here too since they have hat tallies. I think they were made by the sailor wife after his service or made for a sweet heart item. Not sure, but I think these aprons are nea

Yeah, the hat is to a women or child's outfit. This child's set looks regulation with real insignia from 1894 and the hat tally is a real one also. Hat is nice as well. The hat tally has USS ALLIANCE on it.

Some new ones

Are you sure that's a child's hat & uniform

I'm fairly certain that would have fit my last (shipboard) XO to a T
    It could be his, he was a small man (in a number of ways).

This hat was listed on ebay also, I like the work that individualized their hats. Rope yarn at one time must have been quite the sewing party.

Of all the hats, this segmented and multi colored embroidered hat is the most impressive I've come across.

I wonder what the buttons he sewed to the bow meant?
    The top of this hat is awesome!

I found this hat posted at: 1870-80's U.S. Navy Cap U.S.S. Alaska - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum

For $125.00, I think he got a great deal.

Yes, the uniform is for a kid, very very small. The picture of the child came with also. A chief would be wearing a different uniform, not a jumper. You see that a lot on civilian clothes that look like navy.
    Yeah I am a member of that forum also and I love that hat, probably at least a couple thousand dollar hat. I am looking for a hat with embroider work done to the top.

You can also see how big the rate is compare to the size of the jumper sleeve. A regulation rating badge on a kids size jumper. Nicely done and the pants, hat.

Quote by navycollector View Post
    You can also see how big the rate is compare to the size of the jumper sleeve. A regulation rating badge on a kids size jumper. Nicely done and the pants, hat.
    Oh I understand. I was just having some fun at my old XO's expense (still, after all these years ). :p

The hat issue for me came up as a child. I had a friend who's father's hat sat on a shelf in his room. They actually took good care of it but let try it on. Being born in 1962, the hat was gone about 7 months later. The hat never existed my entire 20 years in the Navy. But I always remember my friends fathers hat.

As far as it goes now, I've collected a few hats from a 1962 lot that still look new. Those can still be had for $20.00 (although you do have those that try to get $100).

But if I could get one of those middies like you posted to fit me, I might move on to something different :rolleyes:

Wanted to add this tally for research purposes. USS Oklahoma and liberty card from a US marine 4th division who was a 'North China Marine'.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.s. Navy flat hats pre ww2   U.s. Navy flat hats pre ww2  

U.s. Navy flat hats pre ww2   U.s. Navy flat hats pre ww2  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Default Early EM Flat cap

Hi,

I just found this one today at a house call, It has a (U.S. Naval Reserve force) cap band

Thanks,
    Kevin

Default Pre WWII Navy flat cap

Here is a page from a book with the (US Naval Reserve Force)flat cap in middle of page.

Thanks,
    Kevin

hey Guys, anyone left out there?
    Thanks

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast