Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown hat (US?)

Article about: Hi all, I've seen this strange looking hat with American(?) insignia on it but the text within the cap is in Dutch.... Any idea what this could be? Thnx!

?

Default Unknown hat (US?)

Hi all,

I've seen this strange looking hat with American(?) insignia on it but the text within the cap is in Dutch.... Any idea what this could be?

Thnx!Unknown hat (US?)Unknown hat (US?)Unknown hat (US?)

?

This is a very uncommon hat. It is an American dress visor it appears to be made for the artillery. This hat is French made making is quite uncommon. If looking to sell it please tell me

?

I can get it for you for €170. Would that be in your pricerange?

Unknown hat (US?) Hi, You have a nice US Army dress Blues cap ranked to field officers (Major/Lieutenant Colonel/Colonel). These caps are purchase rather than issue items so the officer can buy a variety of qualities made by a number of manufacturers from several different countries. I have attached a photo of one of my caps which was made by Van Bros of Taiwan. The previous response from member, GEL65 suggests that the cap is Artillery however, I would suggest that it is Quatermaster Corps and was a private purchase cap for US troops based in Europe.
    Regards Michael Ryan
    PS Message for GEL 65. Are you a collector of US Visor Caps??? MR

Quote by gel65 View Post
    This is a very uncommon hat. It is an American dress visor it appears to be made for the artillery. This hat is French made making is quite uncommon. If looking to sell it please tell me
    It has the Eiffel Tower as a logo and the brand is named after Paris, but it is not French-made: The text on the label is Dutch. (The brand name "De Stad Parijs" means "The City of Paris".) This was a uniform outfitter located at the Wagenstraat at Den Haag.

See here for a period image of their shop window: Beeldbank Haags Gemeentearchief - Etalage-versiering van het kledingmagazijn ' De stad Parijs' in de...

Correct. It was propety of the Jewish family Alter and had like 92 people working for them at the best time.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris