Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

US Enlisted mans visor cap

Article about: Newest addition to my U.S. headgear collection from a fellow member of this forum ....Nick K......true "1 ply" leather visor....Thanks again Nick....Dave H

Default Re: US Enlisted mans visor cap

Hi Mo, I still find the subject interesting, but events all conspired against me. I lost my beloved M1 Garand due to the semi auto ban and then I got divorced, so my US collection had to go I had a large collection too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mo, I still find the subject interesting, but events all conspired against me. I lost my beloved M1 Garand due to the semi auto ban and then I got divorced, so my US collection had to go I had a large collection too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Oh bugger, Ade. With the semi auto thing I lost a Smith and Wesson model 52. I was lucky enough to hear "all that American STUFF has to go or I do." That was from Her Indoors.
    A no brainer really.
    I still have my American stuff.

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi Andy, nice one, I wish she had said that LOL. I do have some old pics somewhere of some of my old collection. I will have to scan them one day.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sorry to hear that Ade. It breaks my heart when I give up something small, let alone an entire collection.

That's also unfortunate about your series of gun bans. Were you able to vote on those or is that just a parliament thing? I am not entirely sure how things work in England.

Hi Mo, off the top of my head I had:

Several complete M1 helmets
    USMC HBT camo cover
    Camo mosquito net cover
    Large mesh helmet net
    Issue helmet net and band
    Beanie
    M1943 field cap
    Cold climate cap
    HBT caps, both long and short peaks
    Blue demin daisy may cap
    HBT summer hat
    M1917A1 helmet
    M1917 helmet
    About 6 Overseas caps, enlisted and Officer.
    Chocolate Officers service dress cap
    2 Enlisted mens service dress caps, chino and OD.
    one post war enlisted cap
    WW1 Overseas cap
    Campaign hat with blue cords

Browning Automatic Rifle (live)
    M1 Garand

Tankers jacket
    M38 field jacket
    Several M41 jackets
    M41 cold climate jacket
    M1942 Jump jacket
    M1943 field jacket
    M43 pile liner
    M43 trousers
    USMC M42 and M44 utilities and trousers
    HBT shirt and HBT jacket and trousers
    HBT Tankers overalls
    Web trouser belts enlisted and officers
    Brit made ETO jacket
    Ski parka
    Winter white parka
    Korean war issue parka
    Several enlisted four pocket tunics
    M44 Ike jacket
    Officers USAAF four pocket tunic and one Chocolate Officers Ike jacket with bullion insignias and Brit made silver wings
    Trousers to match the above, OD, mustards and Pinks.
    Many shirts, OD wool with and without gas flaps, one with 101st insignia all originally sewn.
    Officers shirts in choc, chino, OD.
    Black, tan and chocolate neckties.
    Undies, socks, etc.
    Personal gear, wash kit items, dog tags, silver ID bracelet, etc.
    Leather Garrison belt
    Pup tents, poles and pegs
    Blanket (still have it, hurrah!)
    Wool Sleeping bag and waterproof liner

WW1 enlisted mans Wool Service dress tunic
    WW1 enlisted mans summer service dress tunic
    Breeches for the above
    WW1 wrap around canvas leggings

Lots of webbing gear, much of it WW1 dated. Some Brit made items too. Doughboy pack and M36 musette bag.
    Mountain troopers pack
    USMC webbing, pack etc.

M1 Bayonet
    M4 knife bayonet
    M1910 bayonet in WW1 scabbard
    M42 bayonet
    Cut down bayonet to M1 standards
    1917 knuckle duster knife
    M1918 Au Lion made knife in M6 Leather scabbard

M44 Buckle boots
    Roughout combat boots
    Service shoes
    Mountain troopers boots
    M44 Shoe Packs
    Rubber overboots
    M38 leggings
    USMC leggings

Like I said, a large collection and all of it in very good order. You know what I am like..

We had no choice re the gun ban. Parliament and the Lords voted it through and that was that. Option was to hand in for destruction and compensation or have it deacted at your cost, about £35 at the time. I chose the latter option, but later sold the guns.

Cheers, Ade.

Jeez, it sounds like you are naming off your kids! A shame you had to get rid of it, but such is life.

Congrats on keeping the blanket and I am jealous of the fact that you had a BAR. I tried one out at a reenactment and quickly decided that it was definitely not for me.

I would have loved to have seen your helmets! You know, it's not too late go get another U.S. collection going again...

Hi Mo, I used to wear all the kit for re-enactment. Everything was original down to the undies! I will dig out some pics.

The BAR was a M1918 converted to A2 standards. It was mint and came with ten mags plus a blank firing adapted mag. Cost £116.

I have looked at prices of US kit many times: some of it is cheaper in real terms than we paid in the 1980's especially dress tunics. But most items have gone crazy in price of course. I had toyed with buying some kit to sell on, but I know I would just fall in love with it and end up starting again. We just don't have house room to branch off collecting more stuff.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Everything was original down to the undies! I will dig out some pics.

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi Andy, luckly no pics of me in WW2 underpants!

Cheers, Ade.

haha! That would definitely mean an avatar change!

I have never collected British stuff for some reason. I have a few bits here and there but nothing really significant. It's very hard to find over here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast