Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap

Article about: While out with the wife this afternoon I came across this Glider Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap at an antique store. It seemed original to me, but I was hoping to see what others may thin

Default US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap

While out with the wife this afternoon I came across this Glider Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap at an antique store. It seemed original to me, but I was hoping to see what others may think. It's a cap, along with a parachute infantry cap, that I've wanted for a bit. It also has a laundry mark - K1824 - on the sweatband. Any comments are appreciated.

???

Hi aurelius

It is definitely original,issued "Envelope" style overseas khaki garrison cap with enlisted Airborne cap badge and infantry cord.

The issue is what time period as this was issued circa late 43/44-1958 time period.

The earlier style was "curved."

WWII style came with and without leather sweet band.

The airborne cap badge is WWII era but again this could of been issued mid to late 40's.

However there is something with the braid that makes me feel its WWII era as It looks like the blue infantry cord was added by PX store if the cap did not have any braiding originally.

My heart wills it to be WWII but .........

Phill

I have a similar one but not sure about it ? ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap   US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap  

US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap   US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap  

US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap   US Glider Borne Paratrooper Infantry Overseas Cap  

Hi historyman

Im confident your cap is WWII era.

Phill

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    Hi historyman

Phill
    Nice one
    Thanks Phil !

Hi historyman

Phill
    What are these worth these days, I don't really collect

Cheers

pass mate check ebay , I don't collect uniforms or headgear, cost too much to ship down here!

By the way like your combined ops patch , i've just started collecting basic WWII era Commando/CO formation signs.

Phill

Hi aurelius

It is definitely original,issued "Envelope" style overseas khaki garrison cap with enlisted Airborne cap badge and infantry cord.

The issue is what time period as this was issued circa late 43/44-1958 time period.

The earlier style was "curved."

WWII style came with and without leather sweet band.

The airborne cap badge is WWII era but again this could of been issued mid to late 40's.

However there is something with the braid that makes me feel its WWII era as It looks like the blue infantry cord was added by PX store if the cap did not have any braiding originally.

My heart wills it to be WWII but .........

Phill
    Awesome! Thank you Phil. I've come to learn a bit more about these caps since I originally posted and I agree with your assessment. While I would prefer it to be WW2, I'm just happy to have it in my collection whether WW2 or Korean War era. Thank you again for your input.

No worries mate

there is a possibility if you can find away to look up the laundry mark and just trolling and i came across

Search Results - Page 1 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

Input the laundry mark 35 records came up all with enlistment dates WWII.

So based on that you can say its WWII

Phill