MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Green Army Dress cap

Article about: Hey all. Found a cool presumably WWII, Korean, or Vietnam War era US Green Army dress cap while I was out hunting at a antique shop. (It was labelled WWII.) I was wondering if I could check

LA Rams ..I know you are new here and Rene has given you the best " Un Petty " answer possible for a cap being sold for $18.
    The cap is quite real which no more authenticity can be added to it.

The resources can be found here on this website use the forum search engine at the top right and corner and your " Reading " journey begins.
    If some of the resources may not give you the answers you need OR they may not be understandable in their content ...then by all means please ask questions .. "Providing " ..a link in your reply to where you found the information that may appear conflicting or confusing.
    This will help the members help you.

I would agree that much can be lost in text when someone is conveying their thoughts and I would exercise restraint by asking any question in another understandable value as this website is multi cultured. Enjoy your stay here and begin by reading into the many threads by the use of the internal search engine.

Im sure the Gents here will be helpful also by providing any links ( if any ) concerning this type of cap.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Wink

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Try not to let it get to you, mate.
    It’s only your blood pressure that it’s affecting... those who cause it often don’t give it another thought, just like the berk who cuts you up on the motorway.

The rest of us know you’ve got a pretty good idea of what you’re talking about.
    Most of the time.
    Well, sometimes.
    Last edited by Kohima; 09-28-2018 at 12:32 PM.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The resources can be found here on this website use the forum search engine at the top right and corner and your " Reading " journey begins.
    If some of the resources may not give you the answers you need OR they may not be understandable in their content ...then by all means please ask questions .. "Providing " ..a link in your reply to where you found the information that may appear conflicting or confusing.
    This will help the members help you.

I would agree that much can be lost in text when someone is conveying their thoughts and I would exercise restraint by asking any question in another understandable value as this website is multi cultured. Enjoy your stay here and begin by reading into the many threads by the use of the internal search engine.
    Thanks for the high quality post. I'll do a better job utilizing the search feature for the site, but results only yield when original posts contain the right keywords or if the searching hits the right ones as well. Users like you make this community great.

As an older millennial, we were born in the technology age and are able to understand the nuances of engaging online (i.e. trolling and sarcasm) and not taking anything online as personal. I do apologize because I probably ruined that guy's day with what was a troll comment and online miscommunication that some older generations may not understand well.

EDIT: Seems that tone got lost again. There is no ill intent when I made this apology.

?

“‘... some older generations might not understand well”

Well, that should help.
    It sounds a lot like ‘old fool’, to me.

Should have quit while you were behind.

CBH
    ?

Don't worry René, just another ungrateful member who doesn't deserve your help, or that of others.
    I have a feeling that this is simply another Flash in the Pan, who when the smokes clears will be no more.

MAP
    ?

I think our new member has been apologetic and has made a concerted attempt to rectify any inadvertantly slights.

We all know that reading written texts can be difficult (which is why my posts are typically so lenghty to ensure there is no doubt to what I am trying to say LoL) so I hope we can just accept that there was a miscommunication and that no intended slights were made on purpose.

Thanks guys! You are all good people!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

LARAMs,

I believe I commented on a topic you asked for suggestions on and I believe I encouraged you to do your own research and purchase reference books so that you can learn what it is you buy.

The enlisted cap in question is/was worn from the period that Rene indicated from the mid 1950's when the US Army transitioned from the khaki uniform and ike jackets to the dress green uniform. This Army green uniform has been in use and wear from that period up to the 90's when it was replaced by the current ASU or Army Service uniform. This is a dress blue type uniform that is being worn by US Army Soldiers today. The saucer cap that you have there was also optional after the garrison cap came out and most Soldiers preferred the garrison cap over the "bus driver's" or saucer cap..

Once again, there are many books out there that will assist you in your collecting interests..

Please don't take advantage of the members on here who offer assistance for FREE, this is just plain laziness and you are looking for quick answers without doing your own investigating....

I don't know you or your age but I do know Rene and many of the other men who have answered your questions and I stand in their corner... Rene happens to be a very valued member on here and has extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of US militaria,, A little gratitude goes a long way..

I was willing to offer my nearly 50 years of collecting experience and knowledge to you and also offer you some of my extra reference books,, but in light of what I have read, perhaps I will wait..

Good luck in your collecting endeavors...

Smitty

US Army reference books by Shelby Stanton:

US Army Uniforms of World War II
    US Army Uniforms of the Korean War
    US Army Uniforms of the Vietnam War
    US Army Uniforms of the Cold War

It's a nice cap. There may be a contract stamp inside the sweatband, always worth a look.

Quote by LARams View Post
    Thanks for the high quality post. I'll do a better job utilizing the search feature for the site, but results only yield when original posts contain the right keywords or if the searching hits the right ones as well. Users like you make this community great.

As an older millennial, we were born in the technology age and are able to understand the nuances of engaging online (i.e. trolling and sarcasm) and not taking anything online as personal. I do apologize because I probably ruined that guy's day with what was a troll comment and online miscommunication that some older generations may not understand well.

EDIT: Seems that tone got lost again. There is no ill intent when I made this apology.
    "that guy" Jeeze it just can't get any better hey!!!

Thread Closed

I was hoping this would all finish and calm down after my post this morning.
    Im only seeing nitpicking from both sides of the fence .

Future threads of this nature will be closed.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2