Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US leather flying helmet

Article about: My dad was moving house last week and this turned up along with a few more nice items of militaria german and usa what i would like to know is if anyone could date this is it ww2 has tag pro

Default re: US leather flying helmet

cheers for the info gus ade supplied a good link there whare i got the photo of my cap with all the gear thanks for the numbers etc will help when looking for these bit in the near future and the books heads up

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    Ewan,

To complete the set, you can install a pair of ANB-H1 earphones in the ear mountings (called donuts by the pilots) that can be found as part of of the HS-33 headphones. You would also need AN-6530 or B8 goggles and finally, an oxigen mask, such as the A-14. The earphones, oxigen mask and goggles can be found with relative ease at E-bay. The display with all the pieces together is quite impressive. But beware, once you start collecting USAAF gear , it will be hard to stop.

If you want to know more about WWII USAAF gear, donĀ“t miss these books:

Combat flying clothing and Combat flying equipment, both by C.G. Sweeting.

Regards,

Gus
    gus is this my first two parts here mate?

WWII HS-33 USAAF headset headphones ANB-H-1 receivers - eBay (item 290325712266 end time Jun-27-09 11:42:47 PDT)

?

i wanted to get this one

good one mate

?

Ewan, great flying cap. Nice size too. I've only seen them in small. Check out my aviator goggles I found in an antique store last year. The lenses are mint without a scratch. The guy thought they were vintage welding goggles and let then go cheap ! They would look nice with that helmet.

Cheers, Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US leather flying helmet  

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Ewan, great flying cap. Nice size too. I've only seen them in small. Check out my aviator goggles I found in an antique store last year. The lenses are mint without a scratch. The guy thought they were vintage welding goggles and let then go cheap ! They would look nice with that helmet.

Cheers, Al
    they would so mate they are

Ewan,

Those are it. You can dismount the AHB-H1 receivers from the headset and place them in the "donuts" of your flying helmet.

Regards,

Gus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2