Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US Military boonie hat or NOT?

Article about: I thought the Military avoided hunting style camouflage patterns. So is this boonie ( bought 20 years ago) a civilian market hat or what?

Default US Military boonie hat or NOT?

I thought the Military avoided hunting style camouflage patterns. So is this boonie ( bought 20 years ago) a civilian market hat or what?

US Military boonie hat or NOT?US Military boonie hat or NOT?US Military boonie hat or NOT?US Military boonie hat or NOT?

?

Surplus non military

In my opinion,it is a hat made for the civilian market by a company that is a military contractor.

Mart

?

Any of the ones marked made In the USA are commercially produced. I highly doubt a contractor would wear this. Looks like the camo they sell at bass pro

Contractor, as in a company that undertakes a contract to provide materials and labor to produce a specific item. Companies that hold contracts with the government often produce items for the public as well.

Mart

That's what I figured, as Alpha Industries that use to make Air Crew jackets, for the USAF made a civilian version for a long time before they actually lost their Government contract. Strange the boonie maker continued to use the tab that presumably was on the military contract hats, rather than a brand tab.

?

Sorry I misunderstood what you said, I am sure this company produces military issue gear. Hence why the tag and style are so similar to the current issue boonie caps. Just like in ww2 you see all sorts of companies that made all types of clothing and gear while still producing clothing for the general public

an interesting discussion, I never heard of the US forces using this type of duck hunter leaf camo.

I have this more typical woodlands type boonie which I assume is a civilian type manufactured by an official contractor, but good to ask if it is ok to piggyback on this thread
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Military boonie hat or NOT?   US Military boonie hat or NOT?  

US Military boonie hat or NOT?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This camo pattern is trade named "Realtree" camo.
    R&B appears to be a Mil Spec manufacturer and can be bought through this dealer, but I am unable to find anything when combining the word Realtree and the Mil-Spec number.
    R&B Military issue Boonie Hats : Little G.I. Joes Military Surplus
    If you google "realtree boonie", you can find many images but unfortunately, none that I saw show this tag in the inside.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)