Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Overseas/Garrison Cap

Article about: I have this overseas or garrison cap, which I believe is a USAAF EM cap? It wrongly has Captains bars. My question is what insignia if any would normally be worn in place of the Officers bar

?

Default Re: US Overseas/Garrison Cap

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Nice caps, enlisted men were aloud to were their DUI on their overseas caps, I have seen some occasionally with collar brass instead, (which is against reg)
    Thanks,

I think I'll go with that, the winged collar brass as in the photo above, as it seems USAAF EM usually wore no metal insignia like AZPhil's photo, but quite a few wore DUI cloth patches, glider troops etc.

Thanks to everybody for their help.

Andy

Anyone know of any good books on ww2 garrison caps as i would like a few but dont have a clue where to start?..Jake.

?

OK, this is what I've done. I got hold of a collar badge, and an Officer's braided cap, so now hopefully everything is correct. If not, let me know. I've put a pre WW2 unmarked Captains bars on my new cap, and taken a few shots in decent light to compare EM and Officers USAAF braid.

US Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison CapUS Overseas/Garrison Cap
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Nice caps I love the pre-war captain bars!!!

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Nice caps I love the pre-war captain bars!!!
    Thanks!
    I was lucky enough to have the bars in a job lot of buttons and stuff for not too much money.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2