Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US OR Peaked Cap early

Article about: There is a picture somewhere out there of Staff Sergeant Alvin Carey who was a medal of honor winner the picture was taken of him in an early war uniform with service cap like the one above

Default Re: US OR Peaked Cap early

There is a picture somewhere out there of Staff Sergeant Alvin Carey who was a medal of honor winner the picture was taken of him in an early war uniform with service cap like the one above and black necktie.

Black ties were indeed worn pre and early war, later of course changing to the familiar tan colour for enlisted men. But are you certain about the colour of leather?

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by gooseandspoons View Post
    what kind of markings are in the back of the isignia
    Thanks Mate - no maker marks on the badge and I can't get to the underside of the buttons. So far on my external queries have put these in use up to 41, but I'm still waiting on more results from friends in the US

Hal
    ?

Hi Rene, Here are a few pics for comparison. I'm afraid I can't help much with the date, as I got this cap many years ago; can't remember if from a WWII or Korean War veteran. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US OR Peaked Cap early   US OR Peaked Cap early  

US OR Peaked Cap early   US OR Peaked Cap early  

?

The US Army, by regulation, wore russet brown colored leather brim caps from 1912 till late Korean War (about 1953). All leather accoutrements were russet brown also. Ade was quite right about the time frame.
    The photos mentioned probably looked black or dark brown because of the film.

Quote by Hal View Post
    Hi Rene, Here are a few pics for comparison. I'm afraid I can't help much with the date, as I got this cap many years ago; can't remember if from a WWII or Korean War veteran. Best, Hal
    Thanks Hal for showing me a better example

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2