Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US white dress cap

Article about: I recently bought this cap and realise its US and possibly ww2 era but can anyone tell me what branch of the US armed forces it came from, it seems to made from a whitened pvc or similar mat

Default US white dress cap

I recently bought this cap and realise its US and possibly ww2 era but can anyone tell me what branch of the US armed forces it came from, it seems to made from a whitened pvc or similar material with a leather peak and strap. Is it a navy dress cap? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US white dress cap   US white dress cap  

Default Re: US white dress cap

can you please show the top of the cover, and the buttons from the chinstrap. My first impression is that it is post WW2 (cap device is post WW2), US Army MP..

I agree, US MP's wore white, post war. The only problem is I didn't know they had plastic ones, thought they were fabric. Perhaps for bad weather? I never saw one with this material. John

I do not 100% positive about the US Army, I did wear a wear a pvc cloth cover as part of my barracks cover on USMC Recruiting duty, Easier to clean. I would assume the same for USA

After looking closer at this cap I realised it was originaly a light brown canvas that has been painted with a rubberised solution. The peak and strap were brown and have been painted black. The cap is a 2 part construction. I think maybe its an old cap refubished or altered for later use.

I'm guessing a '50s era USAF Air Police hat. Took a little to find this pic, but it appears to be very similar to yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images US white dress cap 

USAF badge in brass?

Swapped?

Quote by Patgore View Post
    USAF badge in brass?
    That is Army brass on it.

here are a few more pics of the cap: close up shot of strap button which is the same motif as badge but looks older. Detail showing original brown colour of strap and one showing original colour of cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US white dress cap   US white dress cap  

US white dress cap  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast