Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

USAAF Crusher Visor

Article about: Hello, I Have the chanche to buy this crusher cap (one of the 2) or both They look good but since its ebay i would like a second opinion. Thanks in Advance

Default USAAF Crusher Visor

Hello,

I Have the chanche to buy this crusher cap. It has a Khaki cover and a green one so It is the same hat with two different covers.

They look good but since its ebay i would like a second opinion.

USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor
    USAAF Crusher Visor

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Colector; 01-06-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Personally id stay away from the heavily mothed one . is it a crusher because hes sqeezing them in his hands? !

Update this is what the seller said

This is the green one. It just has a Khaki cover on it. It is the same hat with two different covers.

its 99 dollars for the cap with both covers.

i think 99 dollars for a original usaaf cap is a good price. I never knew usaaf visor caps had chancheable cover like the luftwaffe summer schirmutze.

So 99 dollars should i buy it?

?

Yes it is a real crusher.
    $99.00 is about twice what a cap in this condition is worth.
    The Tan top is not for the cap.
    Real crushers did not have inter changeable tops.
    I personally would not buy one in this kind of condition.

So its a crusher just because the pilot wore a headphone over it? 99$ is to much for a ww2 in this condition. Thanks for the advice i though 99 bucks would be worth it for a ww2 usaaf cap. Sorry but im kinda confused by your post. you said its a real crusher. but han you said real crusher didint had inter changeable tops.

Sorry for asking so much questions

My regards for the replys

I think i said it wrong. Do you mean with real crushers did not have inter changeable tops. That with this one the pilot removed the stifner?

MAP
    ?

There are a few threads on the forum about Crushers. The vast majority of visors that are "called" crushers are actually normal visors that have been modified (either by original owners or post war) to have the wire removed. Real crushers are much less common.

You can read for yourself in the link below for an overview of what a Crusher should be.....

US Crushers, WW2?

To answer for Steve, he is saying that this is a "real" Crusher and that "real" Crushers did not have inter-changeable tops. (Correct me if I'm wrong Steve)

With a little digging, there is lots of great research information to learn from here.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

These caps are quite common, especially the non crusher type, and you can find great examples on Ebay and elsewhere.
    True " crushers" are less common, but not that hard to find either. I would definitely pass on this one.

BobS

?

True crushers may or may not have removable tops. I crusher is not just a fat that can be flattened but one that the bill is soft and pliable. This is because most crushers I have 1 layer of leather for the brim as most visor have multiple layers