Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap

Article about: I picked this one up a few days back, thought I would share a few images of my latest addition.... (I did try and find some information on Major R.A. Gaudette, but had no success in finding

Default USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap

I picked this one up a few days back, thought I would share a few images of my latest addition....
    (I did try and find some information on Major R.A. Gaudette, but had no success in finding his name on any lists I found).

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap   USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap  

USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap   USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap  

USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap   USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap  

By the way, the insignia shown is just added for some colour, and wasn't associated with the original owner of the cap.

Here is another shot with a summer officer tunic for Lt. Colonel, with senior pilots wings. (tunic is badged to the 10th AAF).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF summer tan version officer's 'crusher' WW2 visor cap  

MAP
    ?

For what it is worth, I looked in the NARA database. It's hit and miss finding someone without a serial number. While I found a number of R.A. Gaudette's , none seemed like probably hits. I did find one R. OL. Gaudette who was in the Army Air Corp but it lists him as a private (see below) so I strongly doubt it is him...the funny thing though is that there were 151 hits for "Gaudette", not a very common name, and almost all were from the northeast (and the majority being from Massachusetts). Must have been a large extended family

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    For what it is worth, I looked in the NARA database. It's hit and miss finding someone without a serial number. While I found a number of R.A. Gaudette's , none seemed like probably hits. I did find one R. OL. Gaudette who was in the Army Air Corp but it lists him as a private (see below) so I strongly doubt it is him...the funny thing though is that there were 151 hits for "Gaudette", not a very common name, and almost all were from the northeast (and the majority being from Massachusetts). Must have been a large extended family

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

Thanks heaps for looking 'MAP', I appreciate your time and effort on my behalf mate. It would be very nice to have him come up somewhere down the track, and add to the
    history of the cap.

Cheers

Bob

MAP
    ?

No problem. Half the fun is the search! Sorry I couldn't find him. There might be others here who have access to better sites like Ancestry.com.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yeah no luck here on the 10 AAF site for the CBI But did find a SSgt who was attached to the 8th AF by that name. Gaudette, Raymond A

Will continue to research tomorrow

That is a great visor and tunic

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Yeah no luck here on the 10 AAF site for the CBI But did find a SSgt who was attached to the 8th AF by that name. Gaudette, Raymond A

Will continue to research tomorrow

That is a great visor and tunic

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I saw him on NARA. If I remember correctly he was a POW....but I looked at quite a few and might be mistaken.

Edit: And that was my 4,000th post. Wild!!!

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Edit: And that was my 4,000th post. Wild!!!
    Post whore!!!! OK your in the lead, But they were all very good post Michael

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Post whore!!!! OK your in the lead, But they were all very good post Michael

Semper Fi
    Phil
    lol....I remember that thread!! Seems like ages ago.

I took a quick peek at the Army Officer's Register for 1943-1946 and didn't get a hit but that only means he probably wasn't regular army. The majority during the War were Reserves and they would not be included.

Internet Archive Search: subject:"United States. Army and Navy"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast