Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

USAAF Visors

Article about: Mint officer’s tropical visor by Brooks of Calif. U.S. embroidered (done in U.S.) eagle with interior double wall construction enclosing a lacquered cane interior band to permit air flow. Su

Default USAAF Visors

Mint officer’s tropical visor by Brooks of Calif. U.S. embroidered (done in U.S.) eagle with interior double wall construction enclosing a lacquered cane interior band to permit air flow. Surprise was the price tag – this cost $7.95. Note the double grommet inside top - purple one was for the screw on metal eagle and the lower for the vent system. Leather visor lined underneath in gray/green leather.
    (ctf)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Visors   USAAF Visors  

USAAF Visors   USAAF Visors  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Bancroft Flighter:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Visors   USAAF Visors  

USAAF Visors  
    Last edited by stonemint; 05-29-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Flighter picked up at the 2018 SOS by my good friend Vic P:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF Visors  

Sydney (Australia) made USAAF NCO cap. What is of note is that the interior construction identical to German-constructed visors of the era-- Ribbon through sweatband, pleated cloth interior, sewing detail, etc. Logo real interesting – man in hard hat being raised to a building standing on a beam marked “still rising”. Note the leather cavalry strap on rear – officer feature usually. Probably 1943/1944. Rare to see enlisted private purchase.
    (courtesy of my cross-town friend)

Prewar (circa 1934) USAAF pilot's uniform--note that the insignia on the tunic is direct-embroidered bullion:
    (credit: ctf)

?

If I may, a photo of an enlisted cap being worn by my father. A corporal in the photo, he rose to tech sgt. by war's end.

BobSUSAAF Visors

Tropical Officer cap w/ a rare bullion eagle:
    (credit: CTF)

Last edited by stonemint; 06-20-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Some more bullion for your viewing pleasure:

?

Beautiful hats, I always admired to bullion badges. They are quite hard to find, my father has one that was made in India during the war.

Mint, unissued officer visor in light brown wool (not fur felt). Note interior has two metal snaps that come undone from yellow grommet – yellow grommet folds down and brass sliding mechanism on axle plate folds back, so visor is flat. Marked in gilt ” The Zephyr you can PAC”. Triple interior material lining with air vents throughout interior, plus black oilcloth to finish edges.
    (ctf)

USAAF Visors  

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast