Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

USAAF Visors

Article about: Mint officer’s tropical visor by Brooks of Calif. U.S. embroidered (done in U.S.) eagle with interior double wall construction enclosing a lacquered cane interior band to permit air flow. Su

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Have you had any luck with tracing Lt. L. W. Beadle, René?

Love the way excessive handling has worn through the peak stitching.
    Fabulous history there!

Cheers mate!
    Thanks Bob, No luck on this one Mate

?

Not the best pic and I got more coming . The pic's my son took didn't turn out right and will try again this week,
    But here is my ticket in to the Crusher Club.

USAAF VisorsUSAAF Visors

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Here is my Mother in Law wearing one , looks sweet doesn't she

Attachment 1364400

?

Yes she is a Cutie!!!
    Love the pic.
    So I take it your FIL was AAF? If So.
    Which AF was he attached to?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Yes she is a Cutie!!!
    Love the pic.
    So I take it your FIL was AAF? If So.
    Which AF was he attached to?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi Phil,
    Nothing could be further from what you think .
    Taken at Furth AB Germany the week after the war ended in Europe.
    My Father in law was CZ Air Force officer / University Engineer Completed captured and spent the war working for NSU.
    My Mother in law was Latvian and along with her mother spent the war working for the Luftwaffe repairing planes .
    To cut a long story short they fled back to Germany on foot with the Germans when the Russians came.
    I'll start another thread on it if interested as so not to go off topic.
    I have posted a thread on it some years ago on a IWM website , have a look if interested.
    Val Svoboda | American Air Museum in Britain
    The only problem is the person who owned the cap's daughter found it and seems to be a bit upset about skeletons in the closet .
    So the text has been somewhat modified from the truth. They were only friends along with her mother and had a photo shoot to celebrate the end of the war.
    That's all , but I can't contact her to tell her not to worry that they didn't have an affair .
    Was all good clean friendship fun.
    You know after the war he invented the Electronic Cash Register lol , True no kidding.

Cheers Rick

Attachment 1364401

Can't say nothing here other than Merry Christmas Rick - pic tells all! Thanks for showing.

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Can't say nothing here other than Merry Christmas Rick - pic tells all! Thanks for showing.
    Same to you mate !
    Ive got a week off work
    We spent 2 years going through all her papers and photos ( she kept everything ) to create a factual record .
    And now it's been deleted to just a few lines after Eddies daughter came onto the scene carrying on
    Shame a lot of hard work down the drain.
    Merry Christmas mate to you and your family .

Attachment 1364407

?

In Post #45 .The lady on the left doesn't look very happy, and if looks could kill , he would be a dead man!!!

And the look in his eyes in #47, I would say they were Friends with benefits!!

Great pic's and interesting read about her. A real shame the daughter stepping in.

Merry Christmas Rick!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Here's my one attributed AAF visor which I had previously posted on the board before.

Lt. Harvey A. Paul served in the 568th Bomb Squadron, 390th Bomb Group, 8th AAF. He was a co-pilot flying B-17s and completed his 25 missions between August 1943 and February 1944. On August 24, 1943 he was flying his second mission onboard the "Hot Rocks" when they were hit by enemy fighters and forced to ditch their plane. Him and another individual on board were lightly injured while the Navigator, Lt. Frank Dell Armi, was KIA.

USAAF Visors

USAAF Visors

USAAF Visors

?

Fantastic piece there, Ed!

Wonderful to have so much history...
    It is a sobering thought to be forced to ditch on your second mission. Something you cannot really train for, just have to react, remember everything you have been told and understand about flight, and make the rest up as you go. Imagine having a job that entailed a very high probability of resulting in a high speed plane crash...

It is easy to forget that these fellas were little more than kids, twenty years old, an ‘old man’ at twenty five.
    What had you done at twenty years of age?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast