Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Victorian field service cap ID please

Article about: Hey, could someone do me a favour please, whilst trying to get someone to move this thread to the right place I went in to the category The Western Allies cloth headgear and it bought me bac

Default Victorian field service cap ID please

Hi Folks,
    Could someone please ID the Regiment of this cap please, sorry about the images but their all I've got at the moment.
    The two front buttons are Victoria crown above strung bugle, boss badge is Victoria crown above strung bugle with 1 between the strings.
    Cheers.
    Kev.
    Victorian field service cap ID pleaseVictorian field service cap ID please

?

The Colours of the Checkerboard are the same colours used by the London Scottish, the cap is Hodden Grey, the same Colour of the tunics and Kilts of the London Scottish

Dean O

I thought it might be Cameronians due to the bugle buttons

?

Well I do not understand the badge, however only 2 Regts use the Hodden Grey, the London Scottish and the Toronto Scottish from Canada.
    They are sister Regts as the Toronto was formed just after WW1 by Members of the 75th Battn CEF.
    I think the London Scottish has been around since the late 1700s, but I maybe wrong about that.
    Also they chose the Hodden Grey as it was least visable, kinda an early Camo.
    When I was in the Canadian Forces, I was sent for 3 years to instruct the Toronto Scottish, so I know a wee bit about that Uniform

Dean O

I think you would get more answers when posted this cap in the section for western allies.
    This is a German militaria headgear section.

Thumbs down

I thought I had, what a complete doughnut I am

Great looking hat but it's not actually of the 'Victorian' era is it? I didn't know they had such that far back. What's the skinny on it?

?

In Canada we have used "Wedge" caps as early as 1885..so as we followed the British System, I would think they were also in the UK at that time.

Dean O

I think I read somewhere that they were introduced 1895 but I've already dropped a googly today by posting this in the wrong place so perhaps I've dropped another on the date.
    Thanks stonemint
    Last edited by keflin2612; 05-22-2014 at 06:39 PM.

?

Contact someone from admin and ask them to move it for you.

Dean O

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast