Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What exactly do I have here?

Article about: I know this is an old thread... but what the hey. The side buttons are not Royal Engineers but those worn by Colonel and Brigadier, as well as Junior Staff Officers. On the whole a very nice

?

Default Re: What exactly do I have here?

I know this is an old thread... but what the hey.

The side buttons are not Royal Engineers but those worn by Colonel and Brigadier, as well as Junior Staff Officers. On the whole a very nice looking cap, which I would date to late war onwards.

Oli

?

I have a colonel/brigadier's service cap for a former Royal Scots Greys officer. He apparently just added the scarlet band & badge to his old cap, since it still retains Greys side buttons, and the unique black piping to the crown of the cap.
    It's made from a very high quality cavalry twill fabric.

BobS

Quote by Ocad View Post
    I know this is an old thread... but what the hey.

The side buttons are not Royal Engineers but those worn by Colonel and Brigadier, as well as Junior Staff Officers. On the whole a very nice looking cap, which I would date to late war onwards.

Oli
    Indeed you are correct, they are as you state and not engineers buttons. I have a post war example for the same rank and that has the QEII versions for this rank.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2