Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

would like some info on this cap

Article about: i got that cap saturday and i was wondering if you could help me here ,most of the cap i saw doesn't have the felt under the cap badge so does that mean it is a private purchase ? post war ?

Default would like some info on this cap

i got that cap saturday and i was wondering if you could help me here ,most of the cap i saw doesn't have the felt under the cap badge so does that mean it is a private purchase ? post war ? fake one ?
    The cap badge says The Wentworth Regiment made by Hamilton Uniform have no date at all .

Thanks for your help
    would like some info on this capwould like some info on this capwould like some info on this capwould like some info on this cap

?

Default Re: would like some info on this cap

This looks like 1950s or post war ww2

I don't know when Hamilton Uniform stop doing military cap ?

The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment) Officers Service Dress cap. All Officers caps are private purchase. Officers had to buy their own uniforms.

The cap badge is the wartime pattern, Kings Crown, but this was worn until 1953.

There is no huge difference between a wartime made cap and an early post war example. Given that the unit was cut back after WW2, the chances are it may well be wartime.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian and the red felt under the cap badge was something officer would have ?

No idea on that one, I don't know enough about the Regt to answer that question.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A number of units wore coloured cloth backings to their cap badges and red is for infantry, so I am unsure if it is just a personal taste thing or in regulations. I think many Canadian units carried on wearing Kings crown badges for many years after 1953 and the same has been said for many British units as well, with some vets posting on another forum that they were issued Kings crown badges into the 60's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.