Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

ww2 beret ?

Article about: sorry to be a pain !, I have several post's today asking for advice !, passed a local collecter's shop on my way home from work and in the window is a brown beret marked as WW2, it looks sim

jwp
    ?

Managed to catch the local shop open today ! sadly not a GS cap but a khaki beret with no labels or markings inside, on the outside was sewn a small green felt square, I passed on this !!,anyway moving on I have come across a GS cap online which is described as a worn 1945 version, have attached the seller's pics below, it appears to me to have 2 small holes in it, the pics are not too clear but have attached them for your consideration. looking at the markings inside the nearest I could get was the name Maus Freres ??, this was a Swiss clothing retailer est.1902 still in business today and own such brands as Lacoste, I may be barking up the wrong tree here so your opinions would be most welcome, the price being asked is £30.00.
    regards,
    John.ww2 beret ?ww2 beret ?ww2 beret ?

jwp
    ?

Wow thanks Ade, that was quick !, have you come across the name before ? and what do you think pricewise ?

Hi John, the example shown is correct. A good GS cap made in Belgium for British Forces. The price is fair.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

thanks Ade, your advice is much appreciated, needless to say I have just snapped it up !, the seller is only about an hour away from me, but with having no car my train fare would be £12 so have opted for the postal option of £4.00 !, look forward to getting it and will take more pics on it's arrival, thanks again for the invaluable advice, I owe you a beer!!!,
    all the best,
    John.

Hi John,

a good period example but probably not the same as your Dad would have worn. The price is good as on dealers sites they go for anywhere between £40-85. I have a 44 dated example which was a little more than the one you show.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

Thanks Jerry, as you say not the same as Dad's but still a nice addition to my modest but growing collection !,
    regards,
    John.

jwp
    ?

The GS cap arrived today and its a nice example, as Ade said earlier Belgian made, marked Haes Freres, Bruxelles, 1945, was thinking of badging it with the plastic RASC cap badge but don't want to damage the cap !.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3