Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats

Article about: Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good Christmas and best wishes for 2014! This topic has probably been covered before and I am sorry if it is boring for some of you or repeating. I was just

Already commented on this elsewhere, but such a good example is worth commenting on more than once. Very nice example Oli.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default British , Aussie , or other

hi guys I am unsure if this is even military issue , or if its British or Aussie or other nationality maybe it was a private buy .
    my problem is the non leather hat band . have you seen this before ? could it havehave been replaced for private wear .
    found In a wood shed 30 years ago and I have loved it ever since
    cheers Bruce
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats   WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats  

WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats   WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats  

WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats  
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats 

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Hi all,

I just want to share with you my latest addition to the collection, (and coincidently first for me). What I believe to be a 7th Battalion,Worcestershire Regiment slouch hat. The hat is nearly identical to one in a 1945 photo on the Worcestershire Regiment website. The website also has an Officer's account from Tobruk in 1942, stating that some members of the 1st Battalion, also wore such a hat with emerald grass green patch.

You can see more on my website here.

The Gurkha Rifles also wore a green diamond pugaree patch but this was worn on the right side. It is interesting to note that the shade of green used by the WR varied, (can be seen on my coloured FS caps as well as here (where the seller's coloured FS cap also was a different shade of green. A total of 5 different shades of green!

iAttachment 630024Attachment 630025

Any thoughts are welcome.
    Best wishes,

Oli
    Hi

That is a beautiful hat, does it still have its sweatband?
    Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by magpie View Post
    hi guys I am unsure if this is even military issue , or if its British or Aussie or other nationality maybe it was a private buy .
    my problem is the non leather hat band . have you seen this before ? could it havehave been replaced for private wear .
    found In a wood shed 30 years ago and I have loved it ever since
    cheers Bruce
    Almost certainly post WWII Aussie version with a replaced leather band, looks nice but not original to it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

WW2 British Slouch / Bush hatsWW2 British Slouch / Bush hatsWW2 British Slouch / Bush hatsPicture of my Recce. corps bush hat. Formation sign is for the 2nd. Div serving in Burma. Officers bronze badge. This bush hat is in perfect condition. I have other bush hats that I will take pictures as soon as I can. John.

Gurkha slouch hats had a double brim an never any turn up to one side except in WWI. The crown of the hat was of a single construction. John.

Default Gurkha bush hat

I do not think that your hat is a Gurkha one. I cannot see a double brim, also no Gurkha hat would have a turned up side after WWI. The brim should be a double layer and very stiff. I hope that the picture I show of the double rim will be show what I mean. John.WW2 British Slouch / Bush hats

Default slouch hats

The next hat picture has the badge of the signals in the Indian parachute regiment
    in Burma WWIIWW2 British Slouch / Bush hats

Default Slouch hat

Next picture is a Royal Artillery hat that has a bit of moth. John.WW2 British Slouch / Bush hatsWW2 British Slouch / Bush hats

Default Slouch hat

Next a picture of a battered hat that has seen a good amount of wearWW2 British Slouch / Bush hatsWW2 British Slouch / Bush hats

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast