Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Canadian officer visor cap

Article about: Pierre i received the cap and my little book for badge and i got something else from the Library ,like you said it could be a 1953 as the crown design changed in from the Tudor crown to the

Question WW2 Canadian officer visor cap

Hello !
    I just gave myself a nice early xmas present and i have 1 question about it. It's an Canadian officer visor cap with a French Canadian badge (Le Regiment du Saguenay) it have some mothing around the piping area but it's part of history of this cap .My question is, is it possible that it has been made for ww1 (end) and been use in ww2 or the pattern was only for ww2 and after ? Maker William Scully Montreal That is the only picture i can get to work as i don't have the cap in hand yet .
    Thanks for any info some of you can give me it's always appreciated !

Frenchy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Canadian officer  visor cap  

Default Re: WW2 Canadian officer visor cap

Hi Frenchy, it is a nice cap from a well known maker. It would date from anywhere from WW2 on into the late 1940's. But would not be much earlier than that.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade ! I was talking with a co-worker and he mentioned to me that it looks like a ww1 according to him he wasn't sure about the leather part in the front so i search the forum and saw one of your thread about a similar British one and i have a book here ww1 uniform (not a great one by the way) that showed me one like mine so i was confused . Thanks again and can i ask you if you could give me a title for the best book on the ww2 Canadian or British uniforms i can get beside reading thread in this forum .

Frenchy

Hi Frenchy, Brian Leigh Davis' book: "British Army Uniforms and Insignia" is a must have.

Cheers, Ade.

Salut Therese , nice cap , j avais ce badge quand j étais jeune les regiment du Saguenay, de Chicoutimi P.Q. elle semble bien de deuxieme guerre , j ai pas trouvé ce badge dans mon livre de premiere guerre , par contre je l ai trouvé dans celui 2 e et d apres guerre , (1953) la difference entre la badge de 2e et celle de 1953 son la couronne qui est diférente . J ai pas dautre info

Pierre

Thanks Ade for the Book title i will check that this week end .

Pierre je te remercie pour le temps que tu a pris pour verifier ca j apprecie beaucoup ! Donc la couronne qui fais la difference entre une de ww2 et d apres guerre . Si c est pas trop demander dans quel livre tu trouve ca ?
    Merci
    Frenchy

NON ! pas tout a fait ! ca prouve seulement qu elle peut etre de 2e guerre , comme elle peut etre 1953 et moin , 53 année a laquelle la reine a été couronné ! voici un example du livre de 2e et d un livre de 1959 remarque les couronne !

pour les livres , le premier est tres vieux , il y a pas d année inscrit a l intérieur , le second , est Canadian Army Catalogue of Ordnance Stores ( badges and Insignia ) March 1959 published by Quartermaster General AHQ Ottawa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Canadian officer  visor cap   WW2 Canadian officer  visor cap  

WW2 Canadian officer  visor cap   WW2 Canadian officer  visor cap  

celui de 1959 , on le retrouvais dans les surplus d armée pour quelque cents

interesting point , the Regiment was not deployed during World War II

history of this regiment , Link :
    35 Canadian Brigade Group
    histoire de ce régiment, Lien :
    35e Groupe-brigade du Canada

aussi va voir aussi ce lien , on y voit deux variante de ce badge , ou plutot , badge officier et soldat :
    Cap Badge

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    interesting point , the Regiment was not deployed during World War II

history of this regiment , Link :
    35 Canadian Brigade Group
    histoire de ce régiment, Lien :
    35e Groupe-brigade du Canada

aussi va voir aussi ce lien , on y voit deux variante de ce badge , ou plutot , badge officier et soldat :
    Cap Badge
    Hello Pierre !
    The more i look at the difference between the photo i have of the cap and the illustration you posted the more it look like post war badge .I will have to check it better when i will have it in hand . i am getting some reference book soon so i will be able to read and learn a bit more . Thanks again for the link interesting to read .
    Frenchy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast