Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ww2 Royal Navy junior officer visor?

Article about: Hi Alls I would thank any kight to date this R.N. Junior officer black visor made by GIEVES LTD and how much would be valued these visors to go for them aprox? Thanks for light me Regards Fe

Default Ww2 Royal Navy junior officer visor?

Hi Alls

I would thank any light to date this R.N. Junior officer black visor made by GIEVES LTD and how much would be valued these visors to go for them aprox?

Ww2 Royal Navy junior officer visor?Ww2 Royal Navy junior officer visor?Ww2 Royal Navy junior officer visor?Ww2 Royal Navy junior officer visor?

Thanks for light me

Regards

Fernando

circa ww2, these are hard to date precisely.

Value is not certain, condition, how many want one at the time its for sale etc....

circa £75-150.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    circa ww2, these are hard to date precisely.

Value is not certain, condition, how many want one at the time its for sale etc....

circa £75-150.
    Really this cap was offered to me for 120 Euros/87,58 UK pounds and so I didn,t know if it is a good price to go for it

Thanks

Price sounds OK if you want this cap, they can go for more, up to £150 as I posted.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry,surely I will purchase it.
    On the other hand,anybody more who could date the hat with a bit more accuracy?

Thanks again

hasta la vista.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    hasta la vista.
    ??????

By the way:I have seen more caps similar mine I saw sometimes like in my example there is more wide margins around the badge,I mean than badge is not trimmed and another caps has the badge very well trimmed,any idea about why theses differences,may be the officers were in a hurry sometimes to attach the badge-band and they don,t worry about trim it?
    I suppose there was no measures regulations about trim the badge.
    Thanks for any light
    Fernando

Hi Fernando, these cap were all privately purchased from military tailors. They came completely finished. An officer would not add the badge himself. The amount of backing cloth left around the badge was simply down the tailor who made the cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Fernando, these cap were all privately purchased from military tailors. They came completely finished. An officer would not add the badge himself. The amount of backing cloth left around the badge was simply down the tailor who made the cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ok I understand but what happens with my cap made by GIEVES,I have seen R.N Gieves visors like mine very well trimmed the badge and mine is not like that and so?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast