Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 USAAF Crusher

Article about: Here's a USAAF Officers Hat. This has a dog tag inside named to Edward Sevadjian of Long Island, NY. The inside looks well used. Thanks, Rob.

Oh wow! I'm not 100% sure, but I think this belongs to my husband's grandfather. His grandfather's name was Edward Sevadjian and he served in the USAAF-Flying Tigers! If it does, I would love to somehow bring this hat back into the family. Thank you!

I was wondering, how you came across this hat?

Here's my "crusher" with one ply leather peek. Leon.WW2 USAAF CrusherWW2 USAAF CrusherWW2 USAAF CrusherWW2 USAAF CrusherWW2 USAAF CrusherWW2 USAAF Crusher

?

Quote by KreyerTX View Post
    Oh wow! I'm not 100% sure, but I think this belongs to my husband's grandfather. His grandfather's name was Edward Sevadjian and he served in the USAAF-Flying Tigers! If it does, I would love to somehow bring this hat back into the family. Thank you!
    I have to also add a WOW if this turns out to be true. I hope that since this is a post from last year that this could have some type of happy family reunion as the outcome.
    Do you have any pictures of your hubby's grandfather during his service?
    It would be nice to add a face to this visor.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Okay, I can't seem to figure out how to attach this article about my husband's grandfather. Go to this website: Old Fulton NY Post Cards, paste this into the search box: Jamaica NY Long Island Daily Press 1943 a - 4033.pdf. His article is on the right side of the page, along with his picture.

?

Hello KreyerTX,
    It looks like Rob, the original poster of this visor was on this site 4 days ago. I sent him a PM about your recent post. So maybe you two can talk about your husbands GF. I hope this does work out. I love happy endings!!!!! Especially when it concerns the service of members of the greatest generation that this nation has seen.
    Good luck and please keep me informed.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Just thought I'd post a picture of the dog tag. Thanks, Rob.WW2 USAAF Crusher

Oh wow! That hat was his and his dads name was Haroutan and he lived in Rosedale!

From what I've been told, a lot of his military items, including a flag was stolen years ago when he lived in Texas.

Quote by KreyerTX View Post
    From what I've been told, a lot of his military items, including a flag was stolen years ago when he lived in Texas.
    Hi, interesting thread, I hope the family made an inventory of the stolen items and kept the Police incident number? If they have I am sure Rob would be understanding about the situation. Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2