Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap

Article about: Evening gentlemen, this is not my usual area of collecting but I have always wanted a REAL OFFICERS CRUSHER from WW2 as I live in the 8th Air Forces "back yard" of Norfolk England.

?

I would like to add that I have several extra throat mikes and I would be more than happy to donate one to you. BUT they do not have the elastic straps.
    Let me know if interested.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi leon, the true test of a crusher I'm told is the visor. If it folds over easily ( as yours appears to do ) then you are good to go! Usually the true crusher cap visor is two ply whereas a normal one is three and much harder to fold.

Nice one!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi leon, the true test of a crusher I'm told is the visor. If it folds over easily ( as yours appears to do ) then you are good to go! Usually the true crusher cap visor is two ply whereas a normal one is three and much harder to fold.

Nice one!
    Cheers, Dan
    Hi Dan, this one's visor is so soft that when you hold the edge in your fingers it folds right over on it's self just due to the caps weight! You could probably screw it up into a ball if you needed to play baseball whilst waiting for the get go for your 25th mission "Memphis Belle" style! Leon.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I would like to add that I have several extra throat mikes and I would be more than happy to donate one to you. BUT they do not have the elastic straps.
    Let me know if interested.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi Phil, thanks for the offer, I have tried to PM you, but your inbox is full! I would love a mike please mate, let me know what you would like for it and I will send you a paypal, cheers, Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Phil, thanks for the offer, I have tried to PM you, but your inbox is full! I would love a mike please mate, let me know what you would like for it and I will send you a paypal, cheers, Leon.
    Yeah my PM box is full and I think if you send me an email we can get this going. Like I mentioned these are the throat mics but I do not have the elastic straps for them. No need for paypal. Its on me. Let just say I'm paying it forward from when member Comleyn was kind enough to send me some of those Sainsbury chocolate bars.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Looks great Leon. I must admit to also long hankering after one of these, but I have to stop diversifying so I doubt I'll ever get one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Yeah my PM box is full and I think if you send me an email we can get this going. Like I mentioned these are the throat mics but I do not have the elastic straps for them. No need for paypal. Its on me. Let just say I'm paying it forward from when member Comleyn was kind enough to send me some of those Sainsbury chocolate bars.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Cheers Phil, I will send you an E-mail, and if you want any more chocolate I can send you some of that too! Leon.

I am fortunate enough to have two examples - one a period customized crusher and one a true crusher cap.

The summer issue 'MacArthur cap' is a Lewis Flyweighter and like Leon's Knox, has the very flexible visor...deliberately made that way so the cap could be folded up and stowed away. The winter issue one is unbranded but has had the stiffening elements removed to give the "50 mission" crush effect.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap   WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

Here's a couple of images of me holding this "crusher" by the visor in one hand, I think you will agree that it could not be any more supple than this, even if it were trained at the Bolshoi Ballet School! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap   WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

Wow! .... now that's flexible!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast