Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap

Article about: Evening gentlemen, this is not my usual area of collecting but I have always wanted a REAL OFFICERS CRUSHER from WW2 as I live in the 8th Air Forces "back yard" of Norfolk England.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    So nothing from Dimas?
    Nothing as of yet Michael. Maybe he sent me an email or a PM!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Nothing as of yet Michael. Maybe he sent me an email or a PM!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    bummer!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I still have faith. I Believe, I Believe Brother that Dimas will help me from eternal damnation from the evil pit of non emailers.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Glad you have faith, but a little prodding wouldn't hurt either. I'll PM him again tomorrow.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank You Brother!!!!!!
    SF
    Phil

Morning Phil, your e-mail has landed! Thanks mate for persevering and I look forward to putting the Mic with the set when it arrives. Most appreciated and Cheers, Leon.

Well the "phones" are here, and here is me listening to Glenn Miller on my old stereo with them. Believe it or not but I fully expected to be "zapped" when I plugged them in, but they worked after all these years!! A great sound that felt so authentic from this period head-set! Just waiting on Phil's throat mic now!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

How did you plug them in? as they aren't a standard jack, well done though

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    How did you plug them in? as they aren't a standard jack, well done though
    Hello Rene, the plug, even though rounded on the end just went straight into the stereo's "phones" input socket. The Stereo is 20 years old and as I recall the "plug" that was used was a similar size and shape except it was "pointed" on the end. Either way there must have been a good enough connection as the sound came through fine. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap   WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

Gee Wiz I have to give mine a shot!
    Have to say the modern ones have two separators for stereo

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast