Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 USAAF visor hat

Article about: Richtofen I have the same cap minus the sweat shield. I bought the cap a couple years ago from the wife of the vet. She told me he was over in Germany post war for the occupation force. Mine

Default WW2 USAAF visor hat

I bought thisat a giant local sale today for 30$ the guy said it was a bomber visor or something like that because the low profile made it so headphones could fit over the hat and he said i was used in ww2

?

Default re: WW2 USAAF visor hat

It's not an officers cap. Look behind the leather band on the inside you might find a date. Gary

?

This is an NCO visor could you try and make out the lable in the center, looks like it is post war IMO
    Sean F

To me it's officer's going by the cap band, looks WW2 to me - I only have a EM's khaki and a officer's crusher (ring removed) to compare with though
    nicer shots could help + it's an US Army cap+ I would have paid $30 (well the Wifey would let me) for it even if it was post war
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-29-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: added text

?

US Army Enlisted Mans cap by the looks of it. Not necessarily USAAF. Very good for the price though.
    The Officers cap badge looks like this below.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF visor hat  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    US Army Enlisted Mans cap by the looks of it. Not necessarily USAAF. Very good for the price though.
    The Officers cap badge looks like this below.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Sorry I'm am an idiot you are right, sometimes I get it wrong hmmmphh

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Sorry I'm am an idiot you are right, sometimes I get it wrong hmmmphh
    No worries mate. I've been wrong once.
    Nice caps by the way.

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I thought all the outside ribbed cap bands were officer???????? Dave H

It is an Officers quality cap with an enlisted mans cap badge by the looks of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: WW2 USAAF visor hat

I have to agree with Ade on this. An EM's hat would not have that ribbed band just above the visor. Someone, for what ever reason, installed an EM hat device where the Officer's device should be; easily replaced if the OP decides to do so. As far as "bomber" hat, this hat could have belonged to an Officer in any branch of the Army, be it the AAF, Artillery, Signal Corp, well you get the idea. As previously mentioned the stiffening ring was often removed from the hat to give them that crusher appearance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast