Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1 Can Para Batt BD. (Dont even think about it)

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann Didn't know that Jerry, cheers for the info. I only know because I spent a lot of time looking at them and the complexity of them is something I had not realised before tha

Default Re: 1 Can Para Batt BD. (Dont even think about it)

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Didn't know that Jerry, cheers for the info.
    I only know because I spent a lot of time looking at them and the complexity of them is something I had not realised before that and I am still learning about new variations. I always assumed that BD's were all much of a muchness, but they are far more complicated than most realise I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just having a quick look on ebay and found this one. Shows what I meant earlier, all too often seen, jeez it's even dated 1955 for fecks sake.

BRITISH ARMY BATTLE DRESS BLOUSE & BADGES KING SHROPSHIRE LIGHT INFANTRY, WW2 | eBay
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Just had a look at that link Jerry, the BD pictured on the advert is not the one shown further down his listing.Different regimental titles, division flash...the main pic looks to be a tailored 37 pattern.

Quote by NCA View Post
    Just had a look at that link Jerry, the BD pictured on the advert is not the one shown further down his listing.Different regimental titles, division flash...the main pic looks to be a tailored 37 pattern.
    Well spotted, the main pic has royal sigs titles and he has another post war royal sigs bd for sale which he claims is dated 1945, though it is not. Obviously either economical with the truth or does not know what he is selling or a bit of both.

miss described either way and the point I was trying to make.
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

I cannot see the 1945 date..all i can see is an inspection stamp.

Quote by NCA View Post
    I cannot see the 1945 date..all i can see is an inspection stamp.
    Indeed, I assume he is misreading the numbers under the wd arrow as being 1945.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Well someone is thinking about this BD it is at $202 cdn with just over 3 days left IMO as a original with repo badges it can not be worth much more than that to a reenacter or as a display piece will be interesting to see were it ends up when the dust clears.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Well someone is thinking about this BD it is at $202 cdn with just over 3 days left IMO as a original with repo badges it can not be worth much more than that to a reenacter or as a display piece will be interesting to see were it ends up when the dust clears.

Regards Mark K
    Wartime dated Canadian BD's attract a good price (even with repro insignia which you could remove), but that does seem a bit high and maybe people have not noticed the small print mention of them being repro badges.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Just having a quick look on ebay and found this one. Shows what I meant earlier, all too often seen, jeez it's even dated 1955 for fecks sake.

BRITISH ARMY BATTLE DRESS BLOUSE & BADGES KING SHROPSHIRE LIGHT INFANTRY, WW2 | eBay

Somebody got stung on this one, it's shown as sold for £41GBP !!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Somebody got stung on this one, it's shown as sold for £41GBP !!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Though I used it as example to highlight the incorrect listing that is rife on ebay, even as a post war BD, some can fetch good prices especially originally badged regimental examples such as this for the Kings Shropshire light Infantry. If I had the spare cash I might have bid on it as it would display nicely with my KSLI officer cadet's coloured FS cap which arrived today.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2