Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1943 Paratroopers helmet with (postwar?) commando flashes?

Article about: Afternoon all, So this came up at a local auction house and it's certainly an intriguing item. Fairly worn interior but stamped 1943 with all the correct accoutrements. The black finish and

Default 1943 Paratroopers helmet with (postwar?) commando flashes?

Afternoon all,

So this came up at a local auction house and it's certainly an intriguing item.

Fairly worn interior but stamped 1943 with all the correct accoutrements. The black finish and the various 'decals' are certainly period, with scratches and general wear/tear all pointing in that direction.

Interior to the helmet on a strap is written 'LEES' and /30/58. On the shell is written a variety of things, including 'Dig here for RM /30/58.

Note also the commando flash, skull and crossbones, parachute painted onto the front.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 Paratroopers helmet with (postwar?) commando flashes?   1943 Paratroopers helmet with (postwar?) commando flashes?  

1943 Paratroopers helmet with (postwar?) commando flashes?  

many WWII para helmets continued in use into the 1980's. I'd want to see pics of the dates etc, but in principle it looks fine, though hard to comment on the Skull & Crossbones logo etc....

Prices for post war reused examples tend to be way below for untouched wartime examples, but if the price was right I'd have it in my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Interesting, I would think you could trace the time period by using the name and number.

steve

Evening,

Attached is a photograph of the all important date stamp.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 Paratroopers helmet with (postwar?) commando flashes?  

?

As Steve implies, the service number 130158 (rather than /30/58) should be the most useful clue as to the date of repainting.

Bob