Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1950's Parachute Regt group

Article about: A nice group brought into work today by a very nice lady I know. These were her late husbands. I sold his Denison smock in a previous sale. Interesting to see how he wore a Kings Crown cap b

Default 1950's Parachute Regt group

A nice group brought into work today by a very nice lady I know. These were her late husbands. I sold his Denison smock in a previous sale.

Interesting to see how he wore a Kings Crown cap badge and "wartime" pattern wings.

These will be going under the hammer in March.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1950's Parachute Regt group   1950's Parachute Regt group  

1950's Parachute Regt group   1950's Parachute Regt group  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice group Ade

I imagine that the Kings Crown cap badge and wartime wings might have had something to do with him being in the TAVR (Territorial Army Volunteer Reserve for any non Brits reading this, nowadays generally just called Reservists) and the supply of kit to stores. It took a long time to get back up to speed after the war and kit was subject to orders of priority for supply not least of which at that time was the Regular Army. Plus, nobody but collectors would ever notice the wings being different and perhaps nobody noticed or cared about the cap badge.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-05-2020 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Mark, my thoughts exactly.

His widow is a lovely lady and I am keen to do the best I can for her.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice i hope she gets a good Price .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Very cool! I love that Kangol (got their start ?) making these types of military caps. So British....ha. Here in the US I have a "Kangol 504" collection going. They however are not Military related. Owning This would be joining 2 of my Loves - Militaria and Kangols. Thanks so much for sharing!