Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1970's SAS beret

Article about: A fairly recent addition to my collection, original 1970's SAS beret with its badge still in place. I think Compton Webb's of this date were private purchase, though later they became the st

Thanks Rafal
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Great thread Jerry and a beret that I still need to add to the Airborne Para/Special Forces side of my collection I do not post here often anymore so just seeing this thread for the 1st time this morning..

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Great thread Jerry and a beret that I still need to add to the Airborne Para/Special Forces side of my collection I do not post here often anymore so just seeing this thread for the 1st time this morning..

Regards Mark
    Thanks Mark. The 1960's SAS Beret is also shown in another thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Tis a fine beret , trouble is most collectors like WW2 stuff that is probably why you did not garner many replies . I like it the only trouble is there are so many new versions its difficult to separate used from new/repo. Rob

Quote by Kryton View Post
    Tis a fine beret , trouble is most collectors like WW2 stuff that is probably why you did not garner many replies . I like it the only trouble is there are so many new versions its difficult to separate used from new/repo. Rob
    Thanks and I get your point.

No one is faking1970's compton webb berets....yet. did you see the herbert johson beret I showed, an unexpected badge perhaps, but the beret is a one looker
    Regards,

Jerry

Dear Gents
    Any possibility to be a Real SAS beret or not because I read than the most of them are fakes even made in Pakistan

Thanks in advance

Fernando

Quote by Velasco View Post
    Dear Gents
    Any possibility to be a Real SAS beret or not because I read than the most of them are fakes even made in Pakistan

Thanks in advance

Fernando
    Please use the forum picture hosting not some shite site that wants to send me crap
    Regards,

Jerry

Great berets Jerry! I only just saw this my excuse being that I was in hospital after my bike smash when you posted it first. Am I forgiven?

I was serving when the Iranian Embassy job took place and just off a night shift I watched it live on the TV over my breakfast. I didn't sleep that day I was so buoyed up by pride in our lads

I know what you mean about apparent indifference to anything not TR related but I too am one of the "generalists" that Anderson refers to and I am fascinated by just about all things military and that which doesn't induce fascination still generates interest!

I also think that many collectors tend not to comment if they are not well informed on a particular item which I prefer to a great stream of "nice" or "me too"type of replies.

Don't be disheartened mate, every pint of beer is mostly the liquid which everybody wants but without a rich head on top it is just flat

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Please use the forum picture hosting not some shite site that wants to send me crap
    Sorry apologize to me I didn,t see this way

1970's SAS beret1970's SAS beret1970's SAS beret
    Please let me your inputs about this beret

Mark,

I used to collect everything and at one time had a large german collection, these days I stick to mostly British items and among them are some items that any collector of militaria should appreciate. Occasionally the lack of response from my fellow collectors to such seems inconceivable when I know some crappy repainted german helmet with little historical significance as so many were made and far better examples exist will still elicit more response than one of only a comparatively few examples issued to those of real worth who had to earn the right to wear it.

Most of the time I don't care.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast