Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st Field Force Vietnam Maroon Beret

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up at a flea market. It seems good to me, i.e. that patch doesnt look newly applied or anything. Just a couple of questions though. Would berets like this have been worn

Default 1st Field Force Vietnam Maroon Beret

Hi all. Picked this up at a flea market. It seems good to me, i.e. that patch doesnt look newly applied or anything. Just a couple of questions though. Would berets like this have been worn in the field and does the fact that its maroon mean that it has an airborne connection? Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Field Force Vietnam Maroon Beret   1st Field Force Vietnam Maroon Beret  

?

Default Re: 1st Field Force Vietnam Maroon Beret

This is not original, some kind of non military french beret with 70s era patch applied no good

What companies make/ made US Army Berets then? Dont really know much about them. Cheers.

?

Bancroft was one there are also military issue ones such as the special forces berets, a large percentage of the beret worn were theater made mostly vietnamese made or handmade during the war

Codeba Berets have been used the American army and the Canadian army. I have seen other Vietnam groupings on websites with codeba berets.

?

I am almost sure that these berets were not largely used the US army